Xiaomi uses the MIUI graphical interface for its Android smartphones, being the skin of brand. It is in its interior that we find powerful tools of personalization, control and security, as is the case of this center that we now present.
These are precise, useful adjustments, but sometimes overlooked within MIUI. It is present in any current Xiaomi smartphone and is one of the secrets that deserve to be shared, as they help the user to get more out of it and protect their equipment.
It's called “Security” and it's in your Xiaomi's app drawer
It is a resource center with several integrated options. We can configure most basic options, and others more advanced for granular control, with useful tools that are important to know.
First, to access the “Safety“, just open the application drawer, or search for apps installed on the MIUI of your Xiaomi smartphone. It is a system application, thus being installed on virtually all recent smartphones.
You have several security features built into MIUI
- Safety: allows you to check the contents and applications installed on the Xiaomi smartphone
- Advanced battery control: for granular management of energy consumption after analyzing the applications that use the most energy.
- Performance Optimizer. Provides an overview of cache memory, security, battery usage and smartphone memory.
- Cleaning. It gives the Xiaomi user a complete analysis of the useless files that he can remove from the smartphone.
- Increase Speed. It allows precise control of the RAM memory of the device and speeds it up.
- Apps and permissions administrator. Provides a list of the permissions to which each application is entitled. It also allows you to update applications with available updates.
- Thorough cleaning. This function goes further and searches the entire Xiaomi smartphone for files and files that we can delete. Between gallery images and repeated items, or screenshots. Everything that may be the most.
- Problems solution. Integrated solution in MIUI to check if all smartphone functions work as they should and, if not, point out some solutions and problem resolutions.
- Game accelerator – Game Turbo. This resource hub for demanding applications such as games, automatically recognized by the smartphone, centers all the features of the Xiaomi phone to deliver the best possible performance.
- Use of data. Here we have a metrics center where we can also set usage limits, as well as alerts and notifications when we exceed, or we are about to reach the ceiling defined based on each user's data plan.
- Facebook and WhatsApp cleaning. The feature is able to delete files downloaded by both apps, as well as data that we don't need and other items that may be slowing down the phone.
All security and control features are conveniently added to the “Security” app in the latest versions of the MIUI interface. Accessing the functions is relatively simple, with the user seeing each other's purpose as they use them.
The most advanced functions in Xiaomi Security
- Application Blocking. It is one of the most advanced features available to the user. Through this function we can prevent improper access to certain apps installed on the smartphone, protecting them so that only the user can see and use them.
- Test the network. Useful to quickly check if there is a problem with the Internet connection, either through the Wi-Fi connection or through mobile data.
- Duplicate applications. We can have two accounts and two applications for WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, among other applications and services. Useful for those who want to have more than one account on the same phone.
- ShareMe. From here we can share from applications to videos and different files for other Xiaomi smartphones. We can also ask you to send us those same files from another Xiaomi phone.
- SMS and Calls blacklist. To prevent SPAM calls or targeted advertising campaigns, you can take advantage of this MIUI security feature. You can block multiple numbers so they don't bother you again.
- Second Space. Creates a division in the internal storage where the files remain hidden. Its content is only accessible to the user and is protected.
These are the main features present in MIUI, from the application “Security” and if you have a mobile device from Xiaomi we advise you to know and explore its possibilities. They are useful tools for the most diverse purposes.
4gnews editors recommend:
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://4gnews.pt/xiaomi-app-seguranca-miui-smartphone/ by 4gnews.pt
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!