During today's event in China, the Xiaomi subsidiary introduced the new Redmi K30, the cheapest 5G smartphone that also debuted Sony's Snapdragon 765G processor and 64MP sensor. However, the manufacturer decided to launch a 4G variant as well and interestingly, this could be your best investment for 2020.
Of course it will be just a choice you should consider if you are looking for a mid-range smartphone. If that's the case, considering that 5G networks will still be very limited by 2020, the Xiaomi Redmi K30 (4G) might be perfect for you.
Differences in specifications are very slight
Contrary to what would be expected, the 4G variant comes with specifications extremely similar to the 5G model. Between the two, there are only two changes to your hardware.
Since it only comes with support for 4G networks, it will have equipped the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor, which continues to deliver impressive performance. In addition, your macro camera will have a 2MP sensor instead of 5MP.
Considering that it only comes with these two changes, the base price of just € 205 will surely delight many users. Once again, Xiaomi is pushing the boundaries of pricing on its smartphones.
Redmi K30 (4G) Specifications
- 6.67 "inch Full HD + resolution LCD screen with punch hole
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G Processor
- Up to 8GB of RAM
- Up to 256GB of internal memory
- Four rear cameras: 64MP (Sony IMX686) + 8MP (ultrawide) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth)
- Dual front camera: 20MP + 2MP (depth)
- 4,500mAh battery with 30W quick charge support
- Android 10, MIUI 11
Price and variants
Although information has only been revealed for the Chinese market, the prices shown give us a good idea of what we can expect for Europe as well.
- 6GB RAM + 64GB internal memory – € 205
- 6GB RAM + 128GB Internal Memory – € 218
- 8GB RAM + 128GB Internal Memory – € 243
- 8GB RAM + 256GB Internal Memory – € 282
EBox editors recommend:
You may also like
Did you miss this?