Xiaomi Mi Smart humidifier analysis in video:
What are the benefits of a humidifier?
Before buying one of these teams, this is the question that has crossed our minds. The truth is that, depending on the situation of each particular user, including a humidifier in your day-to-day life (especially in the places at home where you spend more time) can provide you with some of these advantages:
- Prevent dry skin: if you suffer from this problem, in many cases it is because of being exposed to quite dry environments. Therefore, including a humidifier that increases and regulates humidity can be very important to avoid the problem.
- Healthier air: Many infections and respiratory problems are caused, once again, by constant exposure to dry environments. There are studies that recommend staying in environments that have a relative humidity around 40% – 60%. In addition, the dryness in the air inflames our mucous membranes, which makes us more vulnerable to suffering some type of infection by pathogenic organisms.
- Reduce static electricity: Although it may seem silly, a dry environment causes our body to store more static electricity. Beyond the typical discharge that we can give to those who live with us, which is certain that they are very unpleasant, this type of discharge can damage certain electronic equipment and may stop working (in the worst case) .
These are the clearest positive contributions that these teams can give us but, like everything in life, not everything is perfect. If you live in a coastal area, where humidity is usually high, perhaps humidifiers are not a highly recommended equipment. If this parameter is kept in values equal to or greater than 70%, we are in the perfect environment for certain bacteria and microorganisms proliferate that can be harmful to our health.
In addition, a key aspect that you should keep in mind before purchasing one of these equipment is its cleaning. We must keep in good condition and renew the water they have inside every little time if we do not want the bacteria that live in that water to pass into the environment after evaporating.
A humidifier for minimalists
At this point, and now that you know a little more about these teams, let me introduce you to Xiaomi Mi Smart Antibacterial.
Accustomed to seeing the typical small humidifiers that are placed on tables or furniture as a decorative element, and that many use to aromatize their homes, this may attract your attention due to its larger size. But of course, housing the “autonomy” that this Xiaomi humidifier has with respect to other models, and taking into account the additions that I will now comment on, that extra dimension is worth it.
Of course, what this device does not lose is the already known minimalist aesthetic of the Chinese manufacturer. It’s about a cylinder about 35 centimeters high and almost 2 kg in weight (without water inside) White color. An accessory for the home that can be camouflaged in practically any corner and of which only two details will attract our attention:
- Liquid level: a thin strip that runs along its front so that, at a glance, we can see the volume of water that is inside. Its maximum capacity is 4.5 l and will consume 300 ml / h at full performance.
- Mode button: a small circular button to change modes quickly if we do not want to access it from our smartphone.
Of course, another aspect that will obviously capture our gaze is the water vapor column that this will emit when it is in operation, but we will talk more about this later.
This humidifier consists of 2 sections differentiated when we take it out of the box. A higher, which in the end is simply the water tank. This can be fed from the top cover simply by lifting it. And the part lower, where all the electronics system what makes it work and UV light that will keep the water in it in good condition and without bacteria.
Little else can be said about the physical appearance of the Xiaomi Mi Smart Humidifier. If you like the aesthetics of the rest of the equipment of the Chinese manufacturer, this one will too. And if not, then perhaps this is not the model that you would place in your home, but I already warn you that you miss the most interesting thing about it: its intelligence.
Benefits of a smart humidifier
As I have been telling you since the beginning of this article, this Xiaomi humidifier is “special”, since it is a device that we can control from our phone or even through voice commands.
From the Mi Home app we can connect this device directly with the smartphone and perform different actions through it. Do not think of these features as those of a Smart TV, but especially there is one that is key. From the mobile we can:
- Turn on and turn off the computer remotely.
- Manage the 3 modes vapor emission presets for low, medium or high level.
- To establish a custom humidity level. This is that aspect that I was telling you that really seems most useful to me. Thanks to hydrometer that includes inside, we can know the RH of the room where you are. Then, from this app, we will establish the humidity level we want and, automatically, the equipment will intelligently regulate the emission of steam.
- Schedule a automatic on / off schedule.
- Control the LED light and activation sound. Something very useful if we have this equipment in our room and we do not want it to bother us while we rest.
And now that I have mentioned the issue of the noise emission of this equipment, I wanted to highlight that it is extremely quiet. By this I mean that, except for a slight vibration of its internal motor, we will hardly notice that this humidifier is working. According to Xiaomi, these sounds will remain below those 38 dB.
If you like home automation, the Xiaomi humidifier includes a very interesting extra. Through the app Google Home, we can synchronize the application of My Home to include it among the rest of the smart equipment in our home.
And, as you can imagine, this means that we can handle it through voice commands using Google Assistant. Of course, we can only activate and deactivate it in this way. If you want to manage the rest of the modes and parameters, you will have to return to My Home.
Smart humidifier, is it worth it?
Seen everything important about this equipment, it is most likely that this question will surround your head. After trying it during the last 2 weeks, I can tell you yes, I recommend its use but with certain conditions.
To put you in the situation a bit, I am from Cádiz, southern UK. Therefore, my body is used to a certain level of humidity that the proximity to the sea of these cities gives. But, something important for you to understand my conclusion is that you know that for the last 3 years I have been living in Madrid, the center of the peninsula.
All of this means that, all of a sudden, my body has had to get used to a drier environment, and this has brought me certain consequences. On the one hand, I suffer from constant dry skin, reaching the point of suffering from “dead skin” and whitish areas on the face, feet and hands constantly. On the other hand, the dry environment makes breathe worse that in those moments that I return to the south for vacations. And, as a curiosity, since I live here I constantly shocked my partner because, for some reason, my body accumulated static electricity.
That said, has this Xiaomi humidifier solved my problems? The short answer is no but, yes, It has enlivened them a lot. The truth is that, in my opinion, as time goes by I think that the effects of using these devices for a long time I think will be even more noticeable. But, in these two weeks, I do not have extreme dryness in my skin, I have not given any “cramps” to my partner and, although the improvement has been slight, I notice that being at home I feel that the congestion when breathing is less.
So, if you live in dry environments and feel that you suffer from any of the problems that I mentioned at the beginning of this article, I cannot think of a better option than this Xiaomi Mi Smart Humidifier.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://eloutput.com/productos/hogar/xiaomi-humidificador-inteligente-analisis/ by eloutput.com
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!