Android Oreo 8.0 is the latest version of Google's mobile platform. It was made available to all brands and developers on August 21, 2017. From there, any interested parties could start developing new ROMs based on this release. Now for some Xiaomi, a new trial version of MIUI 9 arrives. It's already based on this Android Oreo.
In turn, the Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi uses its own ROM, MIUI. This, in its 9th version, arrived already most of the elected devices. It is also based on Android Nougat 7.0 and will later be updated with Oreo's features based on it. By then, some branded devices are already testing beta versions.
See also: Did you know that MIUI 9 has a new Game Mode?
It was without much warning or celebration that the Chinese brand started the Android Oreo testing program. It did so for its flagship Xiaomi Mi 6 and Xiaomi Mi MIX 2. Both devices now receive the new MIUI 9 Global Beta. This is version 8.1.18 and will bring some new features to both. devices. Not to mention typical bug fixes and various optimizations.
MIUI 9 Global Beta 8.1.18 based on Android Oreo
Gallery in Android Global Beta Oreo
- Local storage has been optimized to make more space available to the end user.
System (Xiaomi "Full-Display" Smartphones)
- Rewind gesture animation on full screen devices or Full-display has been optimized.
- Full screen gestures become an alternative to on-screen (virtual) buttons.
- Separate guide to gestures on full screen devices.
- Corrected malfunction of full screen gestures after reboot.
Battery with MIUI 9
- High battery consumption at stand by Got corrected.
- Incorrect display of camera interface in Arabic language has now been fixed.
- Corrections to two Security and Accessibility settings
- Correction – The ANR line has now been corrected when using the Bluetooth connection to answer Line calls via headphones.
It should also be mentioned, as stated in the official forum of the brand that this MIUI 9 is an open beta. It is a trial version and as such is susceptible to some errors or bugs. We may have to wait a little longer until the stable, global version becomes available for these and many other Xiaomi smartphones.
Relevant subjects at EBox:
Oneplus. 40,000 people at risk for credit card fraud
HQ Trivia – App already has 500,000 downloads on Google Play Store
Like Facebook, Instagram has a feature you'll want to disable
Source | Via
You may also like Did you miss this?