The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro surprised the world by taking the first place in the ranking of DxOMark (private entity for evaluating photographic and video quality), however, its isolated leadership was short-lived.
Yesterday a smartphone called OPPO Find X2 Pro was officially revealed and it was this same terminal that decided to match the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro at the top of the table.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro and OPPO Find X2 Pro have the same score
But it is not yet that the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro left the first place. This is because the new OPPO smartphone was only able to match Xiaomi’s 108MP smartphone.
One of Xiaomi’s biggest problems, at the photographic level, was software management due to hardware quality and here it may be exactly the same problem. Especially because the Mi 10 Pro has a sensor of 108MP while the OPPO only one of 48MP.
It should be noted that Xiaomi has updated the Mi 10 software where it improves the photo quality. We will see how far these improvements will continue to arrive.
MegaPixels is not everything!
This is the perfect example that megapixels are not everything in a camera. In fact, why do you think professional cameras are less than 20MP, but still cost more than a smartphone?
Lens quality, shooting speed, processor for image management. Everything is important in photography. Smartphones are getting better, however, far from competing with images from professional cameras.
As I said, the software is really important. Google and Apple are the companies that best manage this software. Let us just hope that more manufacturers will follow suit in greater investment in research and software improvement.
OPPO Find X2 Pro specifications
- 6.7 “inch AMOLED screen with QHD + resolution and 120Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor
- Up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Up to 512GB of UFS 3.0 internal memory
- Triple rear camera:
- 48MP (Sony IMX689, wide angle) + 48MP (Sony IMX586, wide angle) + 13MP (periscope, 10x hybrid zoom)
- 32 megapixel front camera (punch hole)
- On-screen fingerprint reader
- 4.260mAh battery with support for fast charging at 65W (Super VOOC 2.0)
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.1
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro specifications
- 6.67 “inch AMOLED screen with Full HD + resolution and hole in the screen
- 90Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor, with 5G mode
- 8GB or 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 256GB or 512GB of UFS 3.0 internal storage
- 4500mAh battery with 50W wired fast charging, 30W wireless and 10W reverse charging
- 108MP main camera + 12MP telephoto + 8MP telephoto + 20MP wide angle
- 20MP front camera
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
EBox editors recommend: