Become a pilot
The idea that DJI had when creating this new quadcopter is to get the best of the racing drones and take advantage of all the existing technology in their current business models. Racing drones stand out for offering extremely light bodies that allow reaching heart-stopping speeds that only a few pilots are able to control with precision, and that requires surgeon precision and tremendous reflexes to avoid collisions.
Well, taking advantage of all its technology, DJI has decided to create a racing model equipped with all kinds of sensors that allow you to take advantage of the best of both worlds. If you are an expert pilot, you can deactivate the aids and enjoy very fast accelerations and stops to achieve record times in races and circuits, although if you prefer a calmer ride with which to enjoy the views, you can activate the controlled mode to have anti-collision system and all kinds of technologies.
To achieve high speeds, this DJI FPV It has high-performance rotors that will be able to offer an immediate thrust and also to brake dry or as soon as possible, reaching speeds of up to 140 kilometers per hour and enjoying an acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in 2 seconds.
First person view to fly through the air
Another peculiarity of racing drones is that pilots often use personal visors with which they can see the vision of the drones while they pilot it. Thus, they can enjoy a first-person view that allows them to have maximum precision in movements.
To achieve an excellent result, the communication of the video transmission must be perfect, and for this DJI has worked on the third generation of its OcuSync O3 technology, which allows capturing video in 4K at 60 frames per second at great distances.
Three piloting modes according to your level
With the help of defining the type of user who will pilot the drone, the system will offer three predefined configurations with which to adjust the level of intelligent assistance:
- Normal mode: It is the mode intended for most users. It keeps all anti-collision sensors on, activates GPS for visual positioning, and operates the drone in the same way as other DJI drones.
- Manual mode: Deactivate all existing aids and leave absolute control to the pilot, who will have to know how to fly without any help.
- Sport mode: Combines Normal and Manual modes for a more dynamic control experience. Designed for pilots with abundant availability of free flight space to be able to practice with maneuvers and skills in order to get used to flying in first person.
A pair of first person vision glasses
This new DJI FPV comes with an accessory that we already knew about the brand. These are the DJI Googles FPV V2 glasses, a viewer that will allow you to enjoy a clear and long-range vision (with low latency) of everything that the drone sees in its path, being able to maintain the stable connection at 10 kilometers away. .
Depending on the configuration, we can balance between seeing with maximum clarity or maintaining maximum image speed. These are the options:
- Low latency standard HD mode: Resolution of 1,440 x 810 pixels at 60 images per second. We will enjoy a view of 142 degrees of vision (150 degrees if we lower the frame rate to 50 fs). Maintains a latency of 14 milliseconds.
- Fluid mode: Latency goes up to 28 milliseconds, but in its favor we get images of 1,440 x 810 pixels at 120 images per second with a field of view of 142 degrees (150 degrees at 100 fps).
- Hearing mode: You can share your vision with up to 8 additional pairs of glasses, so that you can have spectators on your flight. Resolution and frame rate data are not specified.
New joystick control knob
To complete the piloting experience, DJI has developed a new controller inspired by aircraft control knobs, so that we can control the aircraft with one hand by performing movements and gestures in the air. It is a controller that is sold separately and whose price amounts to 279 euros.
Who is this drone intended for?
We are talking about a quite peculiar drone within the DJI catalog. After seeing its extreme speed and visual qualities with the built-in viewfinder, this is not a mass-oriented drone. Rather, it would be a quadcopter designed for those users already experienced in racing who want to have a competitive drone without losing the functions of a conventional drone that allows recording videos from time to time.
It would also be focused on professional video, since those professionals who need a drone to record chases, sports and motor events and ultimately, high-speed shots, this DJI FPV is positioned as one of the most recommended models for it.
The new DJI FPV is officially priced at 1,349 euros, an amount with which you will receive the drone, the new remote control 2, the Googles V2, all the cables that are needed to handle and connect the equipment and a battery.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://eloutput.com/productos/imagen/dji-fpv-precio-caracteristicas/ by eloutput.com
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!