If you want to link your WhatsApp account to Instagram as a contact method, you can continue reading this article, or if you prefer to see the steps in video, you can take a look at tutorial that we have published in our Youtube channel:
What is the use of joining WhatsApp to Instagram
It is very likely that this is the first question or doubt that comes to mind. And the truth is that include as WhatsApp contact method on your Instagram account it can be useful for many things. But, the truth is that this alternative is more intended for those more professional users.
This method of contact is certainly not very new for those of us who use Instagram to publicize our brand, business or services. Until now, through our profile we could establish both an email and a phone number as contact forms, this being able to have the possibility of talking to them by WhatsApp if customers added us to their agenda. But the truth is that with this latest change by Facebook, that a person who wants to talk to us through this messaging app is tremendously simple and can be done simply by pressing a button (without having to save the phone number).
Therefore, and as you may already be imagining, it is a functionality that is only available in professional profiles on Instagram, or at least for now. But you can rest assured, if you do not have an account of this type you can activate it in a simple way as we will explain below. Of course, you must bear in mind that any user who accesses your profile and clicks on the contact button will be able to see your phone number, so do not add it lightly. That said, let’s move on to the process by which you have surely arrived at this article.
How to link WhatsApp to Instagram
Now that you know the main use of this link between Facebook services, we get to work. The first step, if you don’t have it yet, is to change your account type to “professional profile”. This will simply give you the ability to know the interaction statistics of users with your publications, in addition to other functionalities such as the link with WhatsApp. To do this it is as simple as:
- Enter the Instagram app and access your profile by clicking on the icon with your photo in the bottom bar.
- Already in your feed, click on the icon with the three lines in the upper right corner to access the “Settings” of your account.
- Within this new menu, access the “Account” section.
- Scroll to the bottom of this list and click on the blue option “Change account type”.
- Here it will appear «Switch to professional account», click on this option. Follow the steps that Instagram gives you now and that’s it.
Ready this point, it is time to move on to perform the linking your WhatsApp number on your Instagram account. To do this, follow the steps below:
- From your own profile, click on the option «Edit Profile».
- In this new menu, open the “Contact options” section.
- Here, as a novelty, you can see the field to fill in with WhatsApp. Click on it and add your phone number.
- At the end of this process, you will have to click on «Send code». This will cause a new contact called Facebook Business send you a code to your own WhatsApp.
- Take this code to Instagram and, automatically, the message “You have added WhatsApp!”
From now on, anyone who clicks on the “Contact” icon that you can see on your profile can directly send you a message to WhatsApp. Remember, if they can do this, they can see your phone number.
How to unlink WhatsApp from Instagram
If the time comes you are tired of having this contact method on your Instagram account and you want unlink both services, or do you want change the number to a different one, the process to follow is very simple:
- Access your profile again.
- Click on the button «Edit profile».
- Enter the section “Contact options”
- Click on your number next to the WhatsApp icon.
- Here you can change this number, or click on «Delete WhatsApp» so that it disappears from your profile.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://eloutput.com/redes-sociales/instagram/whatsapp-como-vincular/ by eloutput.com
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!