Unbrick M8N TV box fix M8N TV Box
EntertainmentBox have a detailed help page should you need any assistance with your TV box. You could also try the how to do anything on your TV box page. Or you could check out the most asked TV box questions and answers page. If you need to find a page on our site please read the home page, we have redesigned it to be more user friendly. EntertainmentBox only sell the best TV box / boxes and high end gadgets. Have you seen our projectors that are powered by Android? Now you can use apps like Kodi without a TV how cool is that? All with 1 a one year warranty and a 30 day return policy.
UNBRICK M8N TV BOX GUIDE
UNBRICK M8N TV BOX GUIDE
Unbrick M8N TV BOX Guide. If your M8N TV box is not responding to firmware upgrades or is bricked (blank screen but powers up) you can still recover your M8N TV box with this guide.
If you want to unbrick your M8N you will need to complete two steps to recover your device.
The first thing you will need to do is create a boot disk with the Amlogic boot card maker, then you will need to flash your device with new firmware (download link available below).
Fix M8N TV Box.
How to fix M8N TV box download Files needed here:
Download SD card maker here and u-boot files HERE
Download the M8N Firmware Here
STEP BY STEP HOW TO MAKE A BOOT DISK
- Insert a Blank SD card into your PC
- Open the (Boot card maker and u-boot.zip) and copy both files to the desktop of your PC
- Right click on the bootcardmaker file and run this as an administrator
- Click the Choose disk tab and locate your SD card
- Do not tick partition and format
- Click the choose your bin file and locate the u-boot.bin file you moved to your desktop in step 2
- Press make, you should now have a working boot disk.
HOW TO RECOVER YOUR M8N
- Open the M8N.zip you downloaded from the link above
- Copy the 5 files over onto the boot SD card you created in the steps above. aml_autoscript 2) factory_update_param.aml 3) recovery.img 4) T8-V2.zip 5) u-boot.bin
- Remove the SD card from your device and insert into the side of your M8N Box
- Turn off the power with the power button on the front of the M8N make sure it is off
- On the right hand side of the device is the reset button
- Using a tooth pick hold this button in. You know you have pressed it if you feel the click
- Now press the power button on the front of the device while holding in the button
- While holding the reset button down, wait for 30 seconds then release the reset button
- The recovery menu should now be shown and the device should update
PLEASE WAIT FOR UP TO 5 MINUTES FOR THE UPDATE TO START IF AFTER 5 MINUTES YOU STILL HAVE NO OUTPUT OR YOUR DEVICE IS NOT RECOVERING THEN REPEAT FROM STEP 4 OF HOW TO RECOVER YOUR M8N
We hope this Unbrick M8N TV BOX Guide helps you.
If you have any questions, you can follow us on Twitter.