Unbrick M8N TV BOX Guide. If your M8N TV box is not responding to firmware upgrades or is bricked (blank screen but powers up) you can still recover your M8N TV box with this guide.
Table of Contents
- 1 Fix M8N TV Box.
- 2 STEP BY STEP HOW TO MAKE A BOOT DISK
- 3 Read More: “Firmware Update Rockchip Android TV boxes“
- 4 Read More: “Download latest Amlogic Burning tool, How to use the USB Burning Tool“
- 5 Read More: “How to update your Android TV box firmware from A zip file“
- 6 HOW TO RECOVER YOUR M8N
- 7 Share this:
- 8 Like this:
- 9 Related
Categories: How to guides, Firmware, Tools, Recovery,If you want to unbrick your M8N you will need to complete two steps to recover your device. The first thing you will need to do is create a boot disk with the Amlogic boot card maker, then you will need to flash your device with new firmware (download link available below).
Fix M8N TV Box.How to fix M8N TV box download Files needed here:Download SD card maker here and u-boot files HEREDownload the M8N Firmware Here
STEP BY STEP HOW TO MAKE A BOOT DISK
- Insert a Blank SD card into your PC
- Open the (Boot card maker and u-boot.zip) and copy both files to the desktop of your PC
- Right-click on the boot cardmaker file and run this as an administrator
- Click the Choose disk tab and locate your SD card
- Do not tick partition and format
- Click the choose your bin file and locate the u-boot.bin file you moved to your desktop in step 2
- Press make, you should now have a working boot disk.
- You can delete any files as U-Boot from SD card now.
Read More: “Firmware Update Rockchip Android TV boxes“
HOW TO RECOVER YOUR M8N
- Open the M8N.zip you downloaded from the link above
- Copy the 5 files over onto the boot SD card you created in the steps above. aml_autoscript 2) factory_update_param.aml 3) recovery.img 4) T8-V2.zip 5) u-boot.bin
- Remove the SD card from your device and insert into the side of your M8N Box
- Turn off the power with the power button on the front of the M8N make sure it is off
- On the right-hand side of the device is the reset button
- Using a toothpick hold this button in. You know you have pressed it if you feel the click
- Now press the power button on the front of the device while holding in the button
- While holding the reset button down, wait for 30 seconds then release the reset button
- The recovery menu should now be shown and the device should update