New series and films with a European accent
Disney’s strategy is to throw the house out the window. With a budget of more than 16 billion dollars, the giant intends to guarantee up to a total of 50 new projects between now and 2024, which is why the firm’s catalog hopes to expand greatly after the great launches of Wandavision and The Mandalorian.
According to information collected by Deadline, Disney will soon release the first productions created in EuropeFrance, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands being the first countries to receive the first production orders. In this way, countries such as UK or the United Kingdom are left out of this first premiere, although Deadline affirms that there seem to be some conversations that are about to be completed to close an agreement with the British.
But things in UK do not seem to be completely stopped. The company has appointed Sofía Fábregas as Vice President of original productions in Iberia, so it is expected that the productions will begin to boost and we can see some other announcements soon.
All the European series coming to Disney +
Among these new contents we will find dramas, comedies and documentaries, and they will be aimed at both family audiences (Disney +) and adults (Star). These are the confirmed programs for each country:
- Parallel (Disney +): Four teenagers are transferred to parallel dimensions where they will live various adventures divided into 6 chapters.
- Oussekine (Star): Tells the true story of the student Malik Oussekine who was murdered on December 5, 1986 in a crime that shocked French society.
- Weekend family (Disney +): An 8-episode comedy that tells the life of a family that meets every weekend, and whose tradition changes completely when the father begins a new relationship.
- Soprano: Sing or Die (Star): Documentary about the French rapper and songwriter known as Soprano.
- The Good Mothers (Star): Six chapters will tell the true story of how three women living within the Calabrian mafia worked with a prosecutor to end the criminal empire.
- The Ignorant Angels (Star): An eight-part romantic drama that tells the story of Antonia, who discovers that her husband had homosexual relations before dying in a traffic accident.
- Boris (Star): This is the return of an old medical drama television series that will return with a new 6-episode season.
- Sam – A Saxon (Star): 8 chapters will tell the story of East Germany’s first black cop, Samuel Meffire, who ended up becoming a media sensation and a symbol of modern society.
- Sultan City (Star): Dark comedy thriller that centers on a matriarch from a German-Turkish family, who unexpectedly becomes the head of a criminal group.
- Feyenoord Rotterdam (Star): Another sports documentary about a professional team. In this case, the progress and the day to day will be followed in the ranks of the Dutch team Feyenoord de Rotterdam.
When can these new series be seen?
At the moment these new projects are in production, so we will have to wait until they are finished to be able to see them in the catalog. Some of them are expected to arrive later this year, so hopefully we won’t have to wait too long.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://eloutput.com/noticias/cultura-geek/disney-plus-series-europeas-anuncio/ by eloutput.com
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!