Our newest Pokemon TCG set, Evolve Your Game Evolving Skyes, is here and has many great cards. This set includes Dragon-type Pokemon, which is the first time they have been released since Cosmic Eclipse. It also features fan-favorite Pokemon like Rayquaza VMAX and Flareon VMAX. Newer Pokemon will be able to make their debut in the TCG such as Regidrago (Evolving Skies). Although I could give you an idea of my top five cards, I thought it would be interesting to take a look at some of these new cards. Each of the cards on this list has something special about it – an ability, attack or potential. Although they aren’t as polished and polished as Flaaffy (Evolving Skies), they all have the potential to rise to the top at some point during their lives. You’re here if you are looking for any of these cards, or any other cards. EntertainmentBox Store offers a wide selection of PTCGO codes at very affordable prices! Let’s get to the point.
5. Volcarona V I was very upset when Victini Prism Star, Dragon Majesty, was lost to our Rotation a year back. My favorite Fire-type card was the one I played at top tables all over the world. I have made a name for my self playing Fire-type decks. A few weeks later, Victini Prism Star gave me a little blessing by spiritually releasing me as Volcarona V (“Evolving Skies”) Surging Flames is likely to be included in any Fire-type deck. It costs less Energy, does 20 more damage and does 20 more damage. Personally, I have considered playing this card with Blacephalon (“Unbroken Bonds”) and a few Fire-type attackers. But that’s just the beginning.
My fondest memories are of spinning through my Energys at Oceania Internationals, then reusing them and using Victini Prism Star once again. Although VMAX Pokemon now have more HP than Tag Team GX Pokemons, I believe Volcarona V will still be a valuable asset to Welder(Unbroken Bonds), Pokemon online decks that have had much success in the past. Fire Blast can also be used to replace Basic Fire-type attackers like Heatran GX (Unified Minds), as it deals 160 damage with a combination of a Welder combo and an Energy attachment. This fiery bug is a great idea and I’m excited to try out Fire-type decks when the set comes out.
Dream Gift lets you search your deck to find an Item card
4. Sylveon V I was immediately struck by this card’s potential to work with Control decks that play Zacian V. (Sword and Shield). Dream Gift lets you search your deck to find an Item card and then put it in your hand to end your turn. You can also use Intrepid Sword in Control decks to draw three cards, and then end your turn. Although there is a big difference between drawing three cards or grabbing one Item card, it’s important to remember that each turn will have its own importance. It all depends on what you are looking for and whether your Pokemon online deck is capable of ending your turn.
You can use cards like Lillie’s Poke Doll, (Cosmic Eclipse), as a freebie sacrifice to the Active Spot. Dream Gift is used to search for a Crushing Hammer. This card’s viability seems to depend on how many unique Item cards you have in your deck. However, it is an uncommon card that we haven’t seen in quite some time. There are obvious uses for this card, such as Evolving it into Sylveon VMAX Evolving Skies. However, the above strategy seems to be an overlooked option for many decks. This card can be used to create an oppressive Control deck or to play with the “Eevee-lution Pokemon”.
The Illusion Transformation ability is one of my favorite Abilities.
3. Zoroark. I could have ranked Zoroark (Evolving Skies), at number one, and no one would notice. But I’ll place it at number three because I find the top two cards more interesting than the others. The Illusion Transformation ability is one of my favorite Abilities. That’s a big deal. You can search your Discard Pile to find a Stage 1 Pokemon (except Zoroark). Then, you can discard Zoroark along with all attached cards and then place the new Pokemon in its position.
It can transform into the following cards: Octillery (Battle Styles), Milotic (Evolving Skies), and Malamar (Chilling Reign). Expanded offers so many options that we will need to reevaluate the viability and validity of this card with every new set in Standard. It could be used to create a toolbox, where you can play a few utility Stage 1 Pokemon, and get them out depending on what matchups or situations are being faced. These ideas are just the beginning, but it seems like this card will have a lot of success in Standard.
Some Pokemon appear like cute animals, while others look more like skyscrapers
2. Duraladon VIMAX Some Pokemon appear like cute animals, while others look more like skyscrapers . Duraladon VMAX, Evolving Skies, seems to fit into the former but that’s not why this list. Although it couldn’t make it to the top five, I think it could be in the sixth or seventh spot. You can use its Skyscraper Ability to stop any damage being done to it by attacking your opponent’s Pokemon with any Special Energy. This alone could make it a Decidueye xZamazenta V sword and shield status, which could be a major threat to some popular online Pokemon decks.
From memory, Rapid Strike Urshifu (Battle Styles), wouldn’t have many options. It mainly relies upon Rapid Strike Energy. There are many other decks online that use Special Energy, but this card is not the only one. G-Max Pulverization is a powerful 220 damage per turn and can be used to destroy any opponent. This means that you can easily swing through Decidueye or Zamazenta V. This card is a great way to save space on your list, as it doesn’t include cards like Aegislash V or Vivid Voltage.
Fluffy Strike Combo allows Jumpluff (Evolving Skies), to attack twice per turn
1. Jumpluff To be completely honest, I think this card is a pipedream. However, it seems very unique. It is quite amazing to have the ability to attack twice per turn, or skip your opponent’s turn. We’ve seen cards such as Medicham V (Evolving Skies), which can attack again and still be viable, or how cards such as Gengar & MimikyuGX (Team Up), can pause an opponent for a turn. Fluffy Strike Combo allows Jumpluff (Evolving Skies), to attack twice per turn.
This is huge! Although revolving attack is not very special, there are Rapid Strike Scroll tools that can do greater damage. We might see this card take off, as the Rapid Strike mechanic gives us more tools per set. It’s one of those cards that is great when it’s good, but it can’t be good if it doesn’t get support. It would be insane to not include a card that can attack twice in a list such as this. Happy Testing!
I hope that this article was able to highlight some cards that most players might not have considered and help them understand why they are here. These cards and many more can help you create winning combinations when Evolving Skies is released on August 27. I am looking forward to exploring this set as a content creator and sharing my discoveries with the community. Evolving Skies is a great resource for Pokemon players and collectors alike. EntertainmentBox Store also has access to the PTCGO codes to help you pick up this set or many other sets. You can take your collection to new heights!
Zach Lesage is a contributor writer at EntertainmentBox Store. He is a Toronto resident who has been playing Pokemon Trading Card Game since 2005. He now makes Pokemon content his full-time job. He goes by the name of theloneblown and creates YouTube content, streams on Twitch, as well as providing hot takes on Twitter. He has numerous prestigious achievements in the game such as the 2020 Players Cup 2 champion and the 2020 Oceania International Championships finalist. He enjoys traveling the world and the culture of streetwear. He is also a professional chef. Follow him on Twitter @ZachLesagePTCG to catch him at all Pokemon events.