I have been wanting to tackle this issue for some time, and it is high time that we grab the bull by the horns. Which are the best vacuum robots What can we find currently? The offer has grown so much in recent years that it is overwhelming, so today we will try to put a little order and shed some light on the subject.
Until now the most prestigious robots were the Roomba, but for some time now other quality brands such as Conga, Roborock or ILIFE have appeared, ready to compete with it while maintaining the same quality standards.
The 10 best cleaning robots of 2020 Vacuuming to the max!
This highly competitive situation has led us to find devices in all price ranges that we can imagine. Thus, we can get a cleaning robot of the most basic for just over 100 euros, until we reach the most premium models with a multitude of functionalities that reach much higher figures.
1 # iRobot Roomba 960
One of the best high-end vacuum robots that we can find at a reasonable price. Thanks to its wifi connection we can control the Roomba 960 remotely from the iRobot HOME app, through Alexa or through the Google Assistant. The robot uses both visual navigation and room mapping to clean every corner of the house. We can also tell you to leave certain rooms without passing, and its sensor is capable of detecting obstacles and stairs to avoid knocks and possible falls.
- Cleaning schedule programmer.
- If it runs out of battery during cleaning it returns to the base and charges automatically to continue working.
- It has anti-tangle rubber brushes (ideal for pet hairs).
- 75 minute usage cycles.
- Alerts when the garbage can is full.
Approximate price *: € 549.00 (see in Amazon)
2 # ILIFE V3s Pro
One of the best vacuum cleaner robots in value for money if what we are looking for is a cheap but efficient device. It does not have Wi-Fi connectivity, but it does have other functions that make this an interesting purchase, such as a battery that lasts up to 120 minutes. It also has a remote control, shock / fall sensors, and although it does not allow mapping the rooms, it does allow us to program the robot’s activity times.
- Cleaning schedule programming.
- If it runs out of battery it returns to the base to recharge (although it does not resume the task once the recharge is complete).
- Includes remote control.
- Use cycles of 120 minutes.
- Anti-shock and anti-fall sensors.
Approximate price *: € 149.99 (see Amazon)
3 # Cecotec Conga Series 4090
One of the most popular models within the most demanding mid-range robot vacuum cleaner. Like the Roborock S6 we are dealing with a 2-in-1 device, which in addition to sweeping and vacuuming all the dirt found along the way, incorporates a mop to mop the floor. It offers 5G wifi connectivity, an app with the ability to memorize different maps, and compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Long lasting 6,400mAh battery.
- 2,700Pa suction power.
- Memorize up to 50 different maps.
- 3 scrub modes and 10 smart cleaning modes.
- Includes mixed tank and jalisco brushes to suck more and avoid tangling.
- ITech Laser 360 Smart Navigation.
- Includes remote control.
- If it runs out of battery it returns to the base, charges and resumes work where it left off.
Approximate price *: € 379.95 (see Amazon)
4 # Roborock S6
The best robot vacuum cleaner 2 in 1 (vacuum and scrub) with a battery that lasts up to 180 minutes without recharging, meaning you can clean more rooms in one pass. The garbage compartment is a little smaller than in other robots (we will have to empty it more often), but as far as functionality is concerned it is not lacking in anything: it can be controlled from the mobile with the Mi Home app, it is Compatible with Alexa, performs room mapping and includes a mop to mop the floor using a small amount of water (perfect for not damaging wood).
- Powerful 3 hour battery life.
- Compatible with Alexa.
- Remote control with the Xiaomi Mi Home app.
- Includes mop with microfiber towel to mop the floor.
- Mapping 3.0 that creates a floor plan with 98% accuracy.
- 14 types of sensors in total: odometer, infrared distance sensors, compass and more.
- 50% quieter than the previous S5 model.
- When the battery runs out, it returns to the base, recharges, and resumes work.
Approximate price *: € 448.99 (see in Amazon)
5 # IKOHS NETBOT S15
This robot vacuum cleaner bears the seal of “Amazon’s choice”, which means that we are dealing with a cheap device but very well valued by buyers. Like the Conga 4090 Series, we are dealing with a 4-in-1 robot: sweep, vacuum, mop and scrub, all this for just over 150 euros. The machine performs a real-time mapping so as not to leave any corner uncleaned, it includes a remote control, a remote control app and it is also compatible with Alexa and Google Home.
- 2,600mAh battery with duration of 120 minutes approx.
- Suction power of 1,500Pa.
- WiFi connection.
- Includes hepa filter and two side brushes.
- Sound level less than 60dB.
- SmartGyroscope technology with anti-knock and anti-fall sensors.
- 2 tanks for powder and liquid of 600ml each.
Approximate price *: € 164.95 (see Amazon)
6 # iRobot Roomba i7 +
The Roomba i7 + falls into the category of high-end vacuum robots, with a price that probably many of us will be out of budget, but that can do real wonders. The appliance has an automatic garbage disposal system, in such a way that once it detects that the tank is full, it only returns to the base, empties the content and continues with its task. The base has space to support 30 tanks, which means that if we program the cleaning schedules we can leave the robot for several days without major difficulties. Very convenient as well as practical.
- Automatic garbage emptying.
- When the battery runs out, it recharges itself and continues with the task where it left off.
- Room mapping system.
- Allows you to select areas that should not be cleaned.
- Wifi connection with remote control app.
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Great suction power.
Approximate price *: € 849.00 (see Amazon)
7 # Ecovacs Deebot N79S
Robot vacuum cleaner without scrubbing function, but highly recommended for floors and carpets due to its high level of suction. It has a reasonable price that does not exceed 200 euros and in return we take a device with remote control by app and compatibility with Alexa. Its battery lasts about 100 minutes, returning the robot to the base to recharge in case it runs out of autonomy in the middle of a cycle.
- Max mode to increase suction power by 50%.
- 2,600mAh battery.
- Includes remote control.
- Wifi connection and control through the ECOVACS Home app.
- Compatibility with Alexa and Google Home.
- Sensors with detection of obstacles and stairs.
- 1 central brush + 2 lateral brushes.
Approximate price *: € 199.00 (see Amazon)
8 # Neato Botvac D7 Connected
Category robot vacuum cleaner known for its high level of efficiency in vacuuming particles, sand and other dirt from carpets and rugs, offering better results than some higher priced Roombas. Thanks to its laser mapping it is able to cover larger surfaces with less battery consumption, and it can also be controlled from the mobile phone with the app, where we can specify areas of the house where we do not want it to enter.
- Up to 465 m² per charge cycle.
- Map rooms and remember them for future cleanings.
- It allows to establish “no-go” areas.
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Home and IFTTT.
- 120 minute battery life. Includes quick recharge mode.
- Fall protection.
Approximate price *: € 482.80 (see Amazon)
9 # Rowenta Smart Force Explorer Aqua
Rowenta’s is a robot vacuum cleaner and floor scrubber for those looking for something easy to handle and without complications. It does not have a Wi-Fi connection, nor an app, nor is it compatible with virtual assistants: everything is controlled from the remote control or from the robot itself. It is capable of scrubbing and vacuuming at the same time and has 3 cleaning modes: random (random), random rooms (random for small rooms) and edges. It can be programmed and has an autonomy of 150 minutes.
- It has a low height (8cm), reaching places where other cleaning robots do not reach.
- Programming of cleaning cycles at specific times.
- 3 cleaning modes (includes 30 minute quick mode).
- Infrared sensors, bumpers and drop sensors.
- 2,100mAh battery with more than 2 hours of life.
Approximate price *: € 179.99 (see Amazon)
10 # Eufy RoboVac 30C
This updated version of the previous RovoVac model includes several improvements such as the possibility of controlling the robot from an app or through voice commands thanks to Alexa and the Google Assistant. It is a very interesting alternative within the mid-range, with a suction power of 1,500Pa and BoostIQ technology that increases the power when it detects a point that needs special attention, such as carpets and rugs.
- Duration of about 100 minutes between charge and charge.
- Includes boundary tapes to prevent access to certain areas.
- 3-point cleaning system with 2 side brushes and one central one.
- Wifi connection and remote control by app.
- Able to clean under furniture due to its low 7.2cmm height.
Approximate price *: € 249.99 (see Amazon)
Note: The approximate price is the price available at the time of writing the post in the corresponding online stores, as in this case, Amazon.