Table of Contents
Star Wars, one of the quintessential sagas
George Lucas released the movie Star Wars in 1977 (later it would be renamed the Episode IV: A New Hope) without being completely clear if it would be a success or a true failure at the box office. We don’t need to tell you what happened. The film, starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, became a true mass phenomenon that would lead, first, to a trilogy, and then to a complete saga made up of no less than 9 movies or episodes.
Today the so-called Skywalker Saga is one of the most important in the history of cinema, for its large collection and for popular culture that revolves around everything that has to do with the Star Wars universe. That has made each brand new film has been watched with a magnifying glass to the end, especially with Episode IX, they did not like all the fans for how the events in their outcome occur.
Despite all the criticism heard, what we did not expect under any circumstances was that they also called into question all the titles of the Star Wars films. What you read. On the account Fake.Disney.Facts from TikTok, his manager has recorded a video showing why all the tapes are misnamed and what would be the correct name for each of them …
Why are Star Wars titles wrong?
Obviously it is a video in a parody tone, but the truth is that the reasons that the person responsible for the account Fake.Disney.Facts explains in their video they have up to a certain point, enough so that more than one person has rethought everything and the recording has become a whole viral from social networks (it has also made the leap to Twitter).
As you can see in the video that you have a little below, this is the brief and fun explanation that is given to each of the (incorrect) titles:
- At Episode I (The Phantom Menace) we know Anakin Skywalker so it should be called «Skywalker’s rise«
- At Episode II (Attack of the clones) We discovered that Palpatine leads a Sith army to destroy the Jedi: «Revenge of the Sith«
- At Episode III (Revenge of the Sith) Order 66 is executed and the clones attack: «Attack of the clones«
- At Episode IV (A new hope) Obi-Wan offers the first teachings to Luke to be a Jedi: «Return of the Jedi«
- At Episode v (The Empire Strikes Back) Yoda teaches Luke to use the Force: «The awakening of strength«
- At Episode VI (Return of the Jedi) Yoda and Anakin die what makes Luke «The last Jedi«
- At Episode VII (The awakening of strength), after the old Empire was destroyed, comes a new empire: «The Empire Strikes Back«
- At Episode VIII (The last Jedi) Luke trains Rey and sacrifices himself to give the Resistance «A new hope«
- At Episode IX (Skywalker’s rise) Palpatine returns from death playing himself «The Phantom Menace«
Every Star Wars Film has the wrong title. pic.twitter.com/mL0nFVvKAn
– Kris Tapley (@kristapley) July 31, 2020
Seen like this … what order of titles do you keep? Do you like the proposal of this account?