Also coming to tablets and other mobile devices, the Google search engine has a new design. It adapts to the trends of 2021 with an improved appearance, sharing features with the new Android with its “bubbles” of aggregated information.
To give our eyes rest, the aspect of Google search is simpler. The changes were announced on Friday (22) and will be gradually applied by the technological giant with a particular appetite for all kinds of information.
The aspect of Google Search will change in 2021
The New Year inspired Google to apply changes to its search engine, or more specifically its appearance on mobile devices. By the hand of designer Aileen Cheng, there are major changes on the way to smartphones and tablets.
According to the publication on the official Google blog, the news will arrive over the next few days, gradually and in stages. It is a visual change that will impact the presentation of research results in order to improve the user experience.
“We want to take a step back, simplifying it a little so that people can find what they are looking for more easily “, points out the responsible designer. “I feel it’s really refreshing. For me it’s a breath of fresh air “adds Cheng.
The new look of Google search on smartphones and tablets
Like any organizational effort, challenges arose to be overcome. The Google search is a complex showcase of information where indicators of different types are added, from the results presented in text to the images and videos.
“We are not just organizing web pages, but all the information in the world.”says Aileen. “We started by organizing the web pages, but there is now so much diversity in so many types of content and information that we really have to categorize it so that it is possible to present good results to users “. adds the Google designer.
The 5 guiding principles of new Google design
1. Highlighting information. The company wants to give more space and opportunity for the research results to shine. So that people can focus on information, not design elements. Simplify and clarify.
2. Making reading easier. The font size will be larger, more bold. In this way the team believes that the text will be easy and quick to read, without unnecessary distractions and bringing more consistency also to the fonts used in Google search.
3. More room to breathe. The results will be displayed from end to end of the screen and the use of shading will be kept to a minimum. This way it will be easier to find what we want right away, giving more visual space for Google search.
4. Content centered to guide the look. Another of the changes applied in the new design in order to guide the user’s eye is to place important information in the center, instead of using bold colors, or other means of drawing attention.
5. Meet the “Googley” feeling. The new design will have more round elements, more fun and young. Something more similar to the rounded look of the Google logo. This inspiration will be evident in the design of the research results.
Finally, Google has announced that the changes will be gradually rolled out.
4gnews editors recommend:
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://4gnews.pt/este-e-o-novo-aspeto-da-pesquisa-google-nos-smartphones/ by 4gnews.pt
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!