Torrents, streams, secure access to important materials, or just quiet work on the Web – it’s not so important why you start working with a VPN service. The first item on the priority list should be a strict, tax-free service policy.
How to find an honest VPN service that really does not keep logs?
But with this, we will help you. After conducting a series of serious studies and rigorous tests, as well as carefully studying the privacy policies of various services, we are proud to present you the results of this painstaking work, namely the list of the best non-logged VPN services available today!
Table of Contents
- 1 Best non-logged VPN services
- 2 1. NordVPN
- 3 2. ExpressVPN
- 4 3. Ipvanish
- 5 4. ProtonVPN
- 6 5. Private Internet Access (PIA)
- 7 Protect your privacy with a non-logged VPN service
Best VPNs without Activity Logs
- NordVPN is located in Panama, therefore, does not keep any magazines at all
- ExpressVPN does not register user activity and offers lightning-fast speeds
- Ipvanish confirms the lack of magazines with transparency reports
- ProtonVPN and its parent company traditionally rely on privacy
- Private Internet Access Passes FBI Log Checks
Best non-logged VPN services
The best VPN service overall – the best of all, literally
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Service from Panama – does not monitor, store or record your data
- Emergency disconnection from the network as protection against IP leaks
- Many security features, support for P2P and streams
Of course, you can write anything (and many services use this). So let’s look at a really important parameter: location. NordVPN is registered in Panama, where there are simply no laws requiring the storage or transfer of user data.
Of course, the NordVPN website collects certain user ones (for example, about an account or payment). This, in principle, does not threaten user privacy, however, NordVPN understands everything and makes it possible to pay for its services anonymously – using cryptocurrency.
NordVPN is a multifunctional service,
there is an emergency disconnect from the network, it supports OpenVPN, and the servers are configured in a special way, optimal for streams and torrents. You can work on the Web in any way, and all this will remain completely private. Additional features include dual VPN support, dedicated IP addresses and more. In general, one should not be surprised that this is one of the most popular VPN services on the market!
NordVPN is able to unlock:
- Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video and Sling TV.
- Yes, dedicated P2P servers.
NordVPN runs on the following devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. Also compatible with routers.
Do you need speed? Then this is your VPN
- There are NO traffic logs
- The service is registered in the British Virgin Islands, where there are not even laws requiring the transfer or storage of data
- Extremely fast connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Many premium features – emergency network disconnection, split tunnels, MediaStreamer, DNS leak protection and much more!
ExpressVPN clearly states
that it does not store important data in its systems – and at the end of 2017 it turned out to be true. Then the Turkish law enforcement authorities decided that the ExpressVPN server was used to delete important emails and messages on social networks. The service was unable to transfer any user data to the Turkish side since it did not have any IP address, DNS queries, traffic data, or even browsing history.
A good location and a non-tax policy, in which it is impossible to correlate a user with certain actions on the Web, is why ExpressVPN is one of the most reliable VPN services. This, however, is far from all, because ExpressVPN can give you everything you need for any business, whether using P2P or watching streams. Of course, no matter what you do, your privacy will not be in danger. You can even pay for the services of this service with bitcoins.
As a result, users are very fond of this service.
In addition, our tests showed that ExpressVPN is the fastest VPN to date.
ExpressVPN is able to unlock:
- Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, DAZN, and BBC iPlayer.
- Yes, all servers support P2P.
ExpressVPN runs on the following devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Linux, Chrome, and Firefox. It also offers an application for working with routers.
Want to spend money with maximum benefit? Then this VPN is for you
- Logs of traffic or connections are not stored here
- No-spy servers allow you to not use third-party hosting services
- Good potential for working with P2P and blocking bypass, but mediocre speed spoils everything
Ipvanish is a great VPN for novice users who are not yet ready to work with an advanced interface, but already know that a no-password policy is a critical element in protecting their online security.
This service is registered in Romania, and there the user privacy is taken seriously – this country was one of the first to refuse to support the EU data storage law in 2012. This allows Ipvanish to adhere to a strict, codeless policy — in other words, not to store data about user connections and traffic.
the service nevertheless collects some personal and financial information – including your source IP address, however, this is done purely in order to protect against scammers. Again, the data collected is stored in an “anonymous format”, and Ipvanish makes it clear that it is impossible to correlate this data with user actions.
Another excellent feature that protects user privacy is “no-spy” servers — thanks to crowdfunding tools, Ipvanish was able to purchase its own servers and start administering them with their own hands. What is the outcome? Outsiders do not have access to these servers, which eliminates a whole class of risks and dangers.
Ipvanish can turn you into real invisibility for Internet providers, hackers and other uninvited guests. A neat interface, support for P2P, wonderful modes of operation – in general, this VPN has everything to make your work on the Web as private as possible. Do not believe us? Read user reviews yourself.
Ipvanish is able to unlock:
- Dedicated broadcast profile optimized for: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky Go, Hulu, Comedy Central, Eurosport, ESPN and others.
- Yes, a dedicated profile showing countries and the number of users.
Ipvanish runs on the following devices:
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Android TV, Linux, and Chrome.
Secrecy? Protection? Swiss at its best
- The parent company is known for its focus on encryption and privacy issues.
- The SecureCore function allows you to establish dual VPN connections, and you do not need to pay extra for this
- There is a free tariff – however, the connection speed will be limited
- It is possible to pay for cryptocurrency services, but it’s difficult
The existence of a VPN service that does not log at all is a moot point, but ProtonVPN can be safely called the most likely candidate. Registered in Switzerland and created by the same team as ProtonMail (the world’s largest encrypted email service), this VPN is a very, very interesting option.
Just this. If other services maintain minimal connection logs, then ProtonVPN sets a new level of quality. Moreover, time data is overwritten with each new successful authorization.
IP logs are not maintained, and this is obvious, like any other traffic logs. The location of this VPN service is very good, because in Switzerland there are neither US laws nor EU laws, and the country’s own laws on data storage and use of the P2P protocol are pretty … let’s say liberal.
However, not so long ago, quite controversial laws were passed in Switzerland, according to which Internet providers and large telecommunications operators are required to store connection metadata for a year. This law may apply to all Swiss VPN services, but Proton Technologies AG (the owner company) has officially announced that it is not a major telecommunications operator – in other words, it will not have to comply with this innovation.
What is the result?
ProtonVPN is more than a decent option if privacy is your top priority. However, there are problems here: speed limits for users of a free tariff, complex multi-level tariffs, as well as a rather complicated process of paying for cryptocurrency services. That is why we put ProtonVPN in 4th place. If you, knowing about the pros and cons of this service, are still not sure whether to use ProtonVPN, read these reviews left by real users.
Looking for a stable option? Then this is your VPN
- Proven practice less tax-free policy
- One of the cheapest VPN services
- Supports P2P
- There is a function of emergency disconnection from the Network
- You can pay for services anonymously using Zcash and Bitcoin Cash.
- The service is registered in the USA, which may be a problem.
From a recent one:
So, the PIA has repeatedly received data transfer requirements and has consistently refused, citing a non-tax policy. Worthy of respect, no doubt. But to turn a blind eye to the fact that this VPN is registered in the same place where the NSA operates is not possible. Snowden has already proven that the NSA plays big and does not shy away from dirty methods. What do users think of PIA? You can read about it here.
Protect your privacy with a non-logged VPN service
We are convinced that any VPN service must have a strict, tax-free policy. Basically, almost any VPN will “guarantee” something to you – but now you know which services keep their word.