Telegram is one of the best alternatives to WhatsApp for instant communications, alongside Signal. This free messaging and calling service has several options available to the user, but some are hidden in the Settings of the application.
It is an authentic secret menu with additional functions for precise control. In total, there are eleven options hidden in the Telegram Debug Menu, something similar to the debug functions that we also find hidden in the Android system.
¯ _ (ツ) _ / ¯ tells us the secret Telegram menu
When browsing the Telegram FAQ, we find mention of the advanced functions of the debug menu. Tools that, by default, are not available to the common user since they can modify the behavior of the application.
Still, they are functions that unlock new possibilities for more advanced users, or that use the app with great frequency. Among these functions we have the possibility of “Read all chat“, placing the visa in all conversations.
A total of ten tools are available in the secret menu, accessible through Settings the Telegram application, allowing you to manage various conversations, clear memories, import contacts, among other useful features.
Open the Telegram application and access my Settings
- Opens the Telegram application
- Tap the menu options (3 horizontal strokes) in the upper left corner of the app
- Tap the option Definitions or Settings depending on the language
- Browse – does scroll – until the end of the Settings menu
- Locate the footer with the indication of the version of the app – (figure 1, left portion)
- Tap and press indicating the version of the app – example “Telegram for Android v7.3.1 (…)
- The emoji “¯ _ (ツ) _ / ¯ “ indicating the presence of the Telegram secret menu
- Play in the emoji to access the secret options.
- From now on, just touch and hold the indication of the version of the app in the footer.
This secret window shows you options for controlling the application and managing the contents. These are options for more advanced users, so we advise you to be careful with their use.
There are 11 options for content management and the Telegram app
- Import contacts
- Reload contacts
- Restore imported contacts
- Reset chats
- Enable logs
- Disable the app camera
- Clear the cache of uploaded files
- Call settings (highlighted in the right portion of figure 2)
- Read all chats
- Do not pause music when recording
- Hide the bottom of the status bar
Among the most useful functions is the possibility to disable the use of Telegram’s native camera, forcing the app to use the system application that, as a rule, produces better results.
The option to “Read all chats” is useful if you have several active conversations and want to show some activity. The option to clear the cache of uploaded files can be used to manage storage space, for example.
In summary, these are really useful options for those who use the application a lot and the respective services in their daily lives. Especially now that Telegram (and Signal) have exploded in popularity in the face of the discredit of the leading platform, WhatsApp.
Finally, it should be said that the secret options are mostly translated into UK’s, if the user chooses that language in the Settings of the Telegram application.
4gnews editors recommend:
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://4gnews.pt/telegram-menu-secreto-controlos/ by 4gnews.pt
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!