Unbrick UM8 Ultra M8 TV BOX Guide
Unbrick UM8 Ultra M8 TV BOX Guide. If your U-M8 TV box is not responding to firmware upgrades or is bricked (blank screen but powers up) you can still recover your U-M8 TV box with this guide. You will need to complete two steps to recover your device. The first thing you will need to do is create a boot disk with the Amlogic boot card maker, then you will need to flash your device with new firmware (download link available below).
Unbrick UM8 Ultra M8 TV BOX Guide.
How to unbrick M8 TV BOX Download Files needed here:
STEP BY STEP HOW TO MAKE A BOOT DISK
- Insert a Blank SD card into your PC
- Open the (Boot card maker and u-boot.zip) and copy both files to the desktop of your PC
- Right click on the bootcardmaker file and run this as an administrator
- Click the Choose disk tab and locate your SD card
- Do not tick partition and format
- Click the choose your bin file and locate the u-boot.bin file you moved to your desktop in step 2
- Press make, you should now have a working boot disk.
HOW TO RECOVER YOUR U-M8
- Open the M8 FIRM.zip you downloaded from the link above
- Copy the 5 files over onto the boot SD card you created in the steps above. aml_autoscript 2) factory_update_param.aml 3) recovery.img 4) T8-V2.zip 5) u-boot.bin
- Remove the SD card from your device and insert into the side of your U-M8 Box
- Turn off the power with the power button on the front of the U-M8 make sure it is off
- On the right hand side of the device is the reset button
- Using a tooth pick hold this button in. You know you have pressed it if you feel the click
- Now press the power button on the front of the device while holding in the button
- While holding the reset button down, wait for 30 seconds then release the reset button
- The recovery menu should now be shown and the device should update
PLEASE WAIT FOR UP TO 5 MINUTES FOR THE UPDATE TO START IF AFTER 5 MINUTES YOU STILL HAVE NO OUTPUT OR YOUR DEVICE IS NOT RECOVERING THEN REPEAT FROM STEP 4 OF HOW TO RECOVER YOUR M8 TV Box
We hope this Unbrick UM8 Ultra M8 TV BOX Guide helps you.
If you have any questions, you can follow us on Twitter.