How to update your android TV box firmware from A zip file
Follow the instructions below that will show you how to update your Amlogic TV box that uses a .zip file to update your Android TV box. Some Amlogic firmwares are single .img files that you need to use the Amlogic burning tool in order to update your TV box. This guide will show you how to use a .zip file firmware to update your device.
What is a zip update file?
A .zip firmware will usually have 3,4,5 or 6 files that complete the whole update package, one of these files will be a .zip file. Never unpack the .zip file that’s with the other files as this is a singed .zip file. Your device will check to see if your update is valid.
How do I update my Android TV box firmware?
Using this method you need an SD card and you need to know how to put your device into recovery. Devices are different so I will not go into how to put your device into recovery in this post.
When you move the firmware files to an SD card they have to be placed on the home directory of the SD card. Most files will look something like this.
- you will have a .zip update file.
Place them directly onto your SD card (the files have to be the first thing that opens up when the SD card is read by the device they cannot be in a folder or a zip file).
Update your Smart TV box
- Download the correct Firmware for your device
- unpack the files onto a SD card.
- Do not unpack the.zip file inside the firmware.
- Put the SD card into your device and put your device into recovery.
- You will see the update should start automatically.
- If for some reason it did start automatically, try to not put your device in recovery the select update from EXT and locate the .zip file on your SD card.
- The recovery menu should now be shown and the device should update.
- Your device will go to a black screen after the boot video this is normal and your device will boot up after a few minutes.
Update Amlogic zip Firmware.