How to unbrick T8 TV box
How to Fix a broken T8 TV box
If your T8 V2 TV box is not responding to firmware upgrades or is bricked (blank screen but powers up) you can recover your T8 TV box with this guide. You will need to complete two steps to recover your device. The first thing you will need to do is create a boot disk with the Amlogic boot card maker, then you will nee flash your device with new firmware (download below).
How to unbrick T8 TV box Download Files needed here:
Step by step how to make a boot disk
- Insert a Blank SD card into your PC
- Open the (Boot card maker and u-boot.zip) and copy both files to the desktop of your PC
- Right click on the bootcardmaker file and run this as an administrator
- Click the Choose disk tab and locate your SD card
- Do not tick partition and format
- Click the choose your bin file and locate the u-boot.bin file you moved to your desktop in step 2
- Press make, you should now have a working boot disk.
How to recover your T8
- Open the T8 FIRM.zip you downloaded from the link above
- Copy the 5 files over onto the boot SD card you created in the steps above. aml_autoscript 2) factory_update_param.aml 3) recovery.img 4) T8-V2.zip 5) u-boot.bin
- Remove the SD card from your device and insert into the side of your T8 Box
- Turn off the power with the power button on the front of the T8 make sure it is off
- On the right hand side of the device is the reset button
- Using a tooth pick hold this button in. You know you have pressed it if you feel the click
- Now press the power button on the front of the device while holding in the button
- While holding the reset button down, wait for 30 seconds then release the reset button
- The recovery menu should now be shown and the device should update
PLEASE WAIT FOR UP TO 5 MINUTES FOR THE UPDATE TO START IF AFTER 5 MINUTES YOU STILL HAVE NO OUTPUT OR YOUR DEVICE IS NOT RECOVERING THEN REPEAT FROM STEP 4 OF HOW TO RECOVER YOUR T8
We hope this guide on How to unbrick T8 TV box helps you.