How to Factory Reset Android 5.1
Do you have issues with your Android 5.1 lollipop device and want to do a Factory Reset on it ?
So you should be aware if you do a factory reset so it will delete all the data on your device and it will be left with default apps on it which came with firmware on device or as last time you updated firmware. In this guide we have given steps for factory reset of Android 5.1
Method 1: Guide Factory Reset Android 5.1 lollipop
- Go to Main Settings via main screen or apps menu on your device.
- Click More Settings
- Now go to Backup And Reset option. And If needed here you can do a backup via Backup My data option for app data,WiFi password and other settings of device to your Google account.
- Now you can proceed for Factory Data Reset so once you click on it it will show a warning screen so you need to click on Reset Device and on next screen click Erase Everything . Now device will shut down and reboot so it may take a few minute to reset device completely so don’t turn off device or remove power cable until it boot to menu screen.
Method 2: Restore Android 5.1 lollipop:
In this method you can restore Android 5.1 lollipop using pin method. It can be also done if you can’t get to menu on device.
- You can reflash your device firmware using a SD card with this method
- So to Re-flash of device firmware using this method when you can’t get display on TV.
- Please download the firmware for your EBox Android 5.1 device using a computer and check the instruction on page for downloading the files and unpack on SD card from here Firmware Downloads.
How to Only Factory Reset –
So if you just want to do factory reset with this method than remove the power cable from device and use a pin and press the pin into hole until you hear a sound that it got pressed and now connect the power cable back to device with continue pressing the reset button via pin and than once the screen flash than remove the pin from reset button and it will load to boot menu.
- Now use up/down key on remote and high light Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- Now on next screen select Yes – Delete all user data.
- It will complete the process and than press OK on Reboot System Now.
Re-Flash or Update Android 5.1 Lollipop Firmware
- First connect the SD card with firmware loaded on your Android 5.1 EBox TV box SD card slot and look at right of device there is a small hole for reset button into it.
- First remove the power cable from device and use a pin and press the pin into hole until you hear a sound. Now connect the power cable back to device whilst still pressing the reset button. Finally, remove the pin from reset button until it shows the boot menu on device.
- Now use up/down key on remote and high light Apply update from SD card now it will start Re-Flash/Update of device firmware and once its complete it will load the device to main menu.
- So during this process don’t remove power cable or turn off device.
Entertainment Box offer the easiest way to buy a new Kodi box or an Android powered TV box. Entertainment Box have a UK Shop, and also a dispatch centre in Chicago. You can view our top rated 2017 EBox T8 V internet box here. Furthermore you can review Android based Kodi TV boxes on our compare TV box page. We also have tons of help and how to guides. And also the best apps for to get you set up. Are you new to TV boxes? don’t worry follow our set up a TV box guide, And you will be up and running in no time. EBox also stock our own brand of Android powered projectors. You can see the full range of items we stock by visiting our main shop.