This FAQ’s page has all the most frequently asked questions we get asked, We will continue to update this page as new questions get asked. If you have an issue with your device this page will likely cover your issue.
- This will show you a video to help you with any issues you could be having or how to maintain your EBox Android 4.4 device. You should watch this Android 4.4 settings video at least once from HERE
- Important please disable any internet blocker that your provider has put in place to keep you from visiting streaming sites, below is a guide for providers that block some sites.
- EE Broadband http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/my-digital-life/content-lock-and-orange-safeguard
- Talk Talk home safe, if your internet provider is TalkTalk you need to disable your Home Safe internet security please see this link for more info http://www.talktalk.co.uk/security/faq/
- Virgin: internet virus safe If you have Virgin internet you will need to disable your virus Safe from your My Virgin Account or you will be limited to what you can view Click this link This is the link again: http://tinyurl.com/l7d6bqz
- BT: parental control If you are going to use this device over Wi-Fi then you need to disable your BT parental control or you’re going to be limited as to what you can view. Click this link This is the link again: http://tinyurl.com/q7j6q6c
- Sky: Sky Shield If you have Sky you will need to disable your Sky Shield Click this link. This is the link again: http://help.sky.com/articles/sky-broadband-shield-explained
- My EBox doesn’t turn on ? – Make sure the power plug is pushed into the device all the way and the other end is plugged into a wall unit that has power or do check using alternative power plug for device.
- My EBox is turned on but I can’t see anything on my TV? – Make sure that the HDMI cable is plugged in all the way for both the device and your TV. Make sure your TV is on the correct source for the HDMI input that the Device is plugged into.
- The display on my screen is too big or too small ?. – Click settings > Click Display > Click Display size. Adjust until the screen fits your TV and then click back.
- My wifi isn’t working. – Click settings > Click Network Connections > Click Wifi > Click on your Wifi network. Enter Password (Make sure the password is correct, Click symbols to add any symbols that may be in your password) If you have an MX2 then there is a fix if your wifi will not turn on. just watch this video http://tinyurl.com/mmto2jg
- I am completely unfamiliar with the Android™ Operating system. Can you help? – If you are completely unfamiliar with how to use the Operating system or how to use a certain feature please watch this video http://tinyurl.com/pbtd6zx
- My videos buffer a lot. – Check your internet speed with www.speedtest.net. We recommend a stable internet speed of 10 MBPS or more for the best internet experience. The faster internet connection you have the faster your TV Show, Live Sports and HD Movies will load. If you have under 10Mbps you should consider upgrading your internet speed. Remember, each Add-ons is separately managed by a Third Party that is not affiliated with EntertainmentBox. There will be times when these Add-Ons do not operate as they should and you may experience down time or slow rates which could cause buffering. When this does happen, we suggest looking at a new source or Add-On to correct the problem. This video will show you a bit more on buffering, Please note we have the best setup for your device so i advise you not to change any .xml files. http://tinyurl.com/ny3hsxu
- How do I hook up my USB wireless keyboard or Air mouse to my EBox ? – Simply plug in the USB dongle that comes with your wireless USB keyboard or Air mouse (look in the back of the keyboard) into one of the USB ports on the EBox. You do not need to reboot your Box; your USB device should begin working once you have plugged in your USB device.Do check with keyboard or mouse are charged or batteries into it. Please check EntertainmentBox best universal Wireless KEYBOARD or AIRMOUSE guide HERE.
- Can I hook up my EBox to a home network or other Kodi devices such as an HTPC ? – Watch this video on how to connect up to you network HERE
- My EBox is running slow, how can I fix this ? – Sometimes the Cache in KODI/SPMC gets full. This can slow the performance of KODI/SPMC and cause buffering issues. You can fix this by following the instructions listed below. Click settings under Apps > Click Apps > Find KODI/SPMC and click on it > click Clear cache, wait for your cache to go get to 0. Restart KODI/SPMC and let it complete its first run. here is a video http://tinyurl.com/k4m26gw Remember, each Add-Ons is separately managed by a Third Party that is not affiliated with EntertainmentBox.
- I clicked on a stream source to watch a movie or TV show and I got a pop up that says “File not found” “Source is unavailable” – Some stream sources are listed but do not work. This is not typical but it does happen in KODI/SPMC sometimes. Simply try another stream source and most likely it will work. If not simply try stream sources until one works. Remember, each Add-Ons is separately managed by a Third Party that is not affiliated with EntertainmentBox. There will be times when these Add-Ons do not operate as they should and you may experience down time or slow rates which could cause buffering. When this does happen, we suggest looking at a new source or Add-On to correct the problem. Please check our Informational guide HERE .
- When I try to find a TV Show, HD Movie or live sports stream I get an error that says “Network not available” “Script Error” – While most of the KODI/SPMC Add-ons are extremely stable and consistent in deliver streaming media to your EBox, sometimes things happen and certain KODI/SPMC add-ons have issues. Sometimes certain KODI/SPMC add-ons are effected by server issues, internet issues or user overload. This is completely out of our control so you should try using another add-on for time being that resolved by its provider. If your getting script error on everything you try then your device could not be connect to the internet. Watch This video http://tinyurl.com/llpyq44
- I’m having a hard time using the controller that came with my EBox is there anything else I can use to make navigating the EBox and Kodi easier ? – The controller that comes with your EBox is designed to perform the basic features, but it is not ideal for navigating the operating system or fully utilizing KODI. We recommend using a Wireless USB keyboard with a Touch pad built in. The main model that we recommend using is the Rii mini i12 Multifunction wireless keyboard or the S77 Pro Remote Keyboard and i8 Wireless Airmouse/Keyboard these are the best for any device. These wireless USB keyboards can be bought with all our devices in combo deals or on their own, these are not the only USB device that can used to navigate and use your EBox with. There are many options in USB controllers and almost all USB devices will work with the EBox.
- How do I add more favourite’s to KODI/SPMC and access my favourite’s while using KODI/SPMC ? – When you find a TV series or HD movie that you want to save as a favourite you need to click C on your USB wireless keyboard of Menu button on your stock controller. This will bring up the menu and you will be able to click on “Save as a Favourite.” To access your favourite’s you will need to click on the star icon at the bottom left side of the KODI/SPMC home screen. Simply click on the star icon and a menu will slide out from the right side of the screen. Scroll over to that menu and choose the favourite you wish to view.
Adjusting Display size for your TV –
Click settings > click display > click display position > press LEFT/UP/RIGHT/DOWN buttons to adjust the display to your TV > click back and then yes.
This video will show you all the display settings for KODI/SPMC http://tinyurl.com/m5tyl8g
Adjusting Date & Time
Click settings > click date & time > click automatic date & time, now select your time zone. Your device is set to Europe/London and your clock will set the correct time if you connect your internet.
Customizing your KODI/SPMC Homepage (Shortcuts) –
In KODI/SPMC scroll over to system on the right > click settings > click appearance > on the skin tab click settings to the right > click on add on shortcuts.
There will be different areas to add different types of shortcuts (Video, Music, Programs). Click on 1-7 and choose the add-ons you wish to have as a short cut on your KODI/SPMC homepage.
Adding Favorites in KODI/SPMC (For shows, seasons or movies that you want to be able to access quickly without searching for) –
Open the Add on you are using to view the media, search for the media, click C on a keyboard or Menu on the controller, highlight “Add to Favourites” > click Left mouse button on keyboard or OK on controller. (If you add the main folder of a show as a favourite it will bring you back to that folder when you select the favourite later. If you choose a season as a favourite it will bring you back to that season when you click on the favourite later. Please note that some add-ons only save favourite’s in that particular Add on and not on the KODI/SPMC homepage.)
this video will show you how to add favourites http://tinyurl.com/kq95cwu
Accessing Favourites on the KODI/SPMC homepage –
In KODI/SPMC you will see a star in the lower left hand corner of the screen > click on the star. Your favourite’s will pop up on the right side of the screen > click on the favourite you wish to view.
Resetting KODI/SPMC –
If for any reason KODI/SPMC is not working properly, Freezing or you are getting Script Errors please follow the steps below.
On the home screen click settings > click apps, Scroll down and click on KODI/SPMC> Click Clear data.
KODI/SPMC not fit to display –
Please check help guide for it HERE