What is Instagram’s “Unknown Network Error”?
As happens in any online platform with a traffic as large as this social network, we can find errors of all kinds both when logging in to them and when browsing. And precisely because of this, services of this type enable help centers with the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions which, in English, is defined as Frequent questions) most common to help their users.
The unknown network error is just another type of failure that, on this occasion, can be caused by different cases:
- Network failure of our operator or from our phone.
- Problems generated by the app after an update. Or, even, for not updating for a long time.
- A crash or error of the Instagram servers themselves.
For example, at the time of writing this article, many users who use multiple accounts on Instagram have experienced this problem. But the unknown network error is not something new among the usual problems of this social network.
How to fix the “Unknown network error”
So now that you know him a little more thoroughly, let’s see each of the possible situations and how to solve them in the following sections. Keep reading and perform the steps as we indicate.
“Unknown network error” – Network failure
The first of the plausible situations for which you can find this type of problem is due to a failure in the network of your operator or this network with the connection to the Instagram servers.
How can you tell if you are in this situation? Simple. Open any other app that depends on connectivity such as Twitter or the browser itself, if you can use it without problems, forget about this section because you will not find the solution here. However, if these applications also have difficulties such as not loading the content or throwing an error message like Instagram, keep reading.
To try to end the problem, we could explain different actions such as disconnecting the WiFi network or removing the SIM card. But, without a doubt, the simplest thing is that you go directly to restart the device. The steps to follow, depending on your operating system, are simple:
- If you have a phone with Android, press and hold the unlock button until a message like the one you see in the previous photo appears. This will be more or less similar depending on the manufacturer of your phone. But, the normal thing is that both the “Shutdown” and “Restart” options appear. Click on restart and wait for it to finish the process.
- In case you have a iPhoneDepending on the model, the buttons you must press will vary. The easiest thing is to take a look at the video of our YouTube channel in which we explain each of the possible cases to carry out this process. Keep in mind that you don’t need to get to the restore option, a deep reboot will be enough.
If once this process is finished you still have the problem of the unknown error in Instagram, go to the next section to continue ruling out possibilities where the failure may come from.
“Unknown network error” – Failure in the Instagram app
As we mentioned before, the failure can come from other places, such as a problem or incompatibility of the Instagram application on our phone. This can be due to missing updates, a failure to perform these or problems in the cache. But let’s go step by step.
The first, and perhaps most common of all, is that for some reason we do not have the app updated Instagram for quite some time. Therefore, if the developers have made any major security changes to the servers, older versions may be “locked” from access. This is solved as easy as:
- Whether you have an iPhone or any Android model, go to the application store of your device.
- Once here, go to the installed apps section. In android you will find it by clicking on the button with the three lines in the upper left corner, and then clicking on «My applications and games». On an iPhone, go to the App Store and click on your avatar icon at the top right.
- Once in this new menu, click on the “Update all” option, or search for Instagram and click on “Update” if you have the update pending.
Once the process is done, try to access your account on this social network. In the event that the unknown network error continues to appear, we will do the opposite process to rule out possibilities: uninstall the app. And this is just as simple as in the previous case:
- From the desktop or application drawer of your phone, press and hold the Instagram icon.
- After a few seconds a menu will appear that will give you different options, whether you have Android or an iPhone.
- Click on “Uninstall” if you have an Android or in «Delete app» if you have an iPhone.
- Once deleted, go back to the phone’s application store and download it as you did the first time.
If the unknown network error continues to appear after this, the failure most likely goes beyond your network or your phone. Read on to see what you can do in this case.
“Unknown network error” – Widespread Instagram problem
At this point, if all of the above has not worked for you, it is more than likely that it is a widespread problem on the part of Instagram. If so, what can you do to fix it? Well, in many cases the only option is, unfortunately, to wait.
The crashes of the servers of this and other social networks is something that we find more frequently lately. They are the first interested in making their service work and, therefore, if it is an error on their part they will try to solve it as urgently as possible, do not hesitate. Therefore, in these cases, we will have to be patient and try from time to time to access our Instagram profile again.
As an extra tip, something that has worked for some people in the face of this failure of the unknown network error is to access their account through the browser, from a PC or Mac, and change your access password here. This may seem strange to you and it sounds like a possible “hack” but no, you can rest assured. To do this you only have to:
- Access the website of this social network from a computer.
- Log in with your data, if it lets you, of course.
- Once inside, access the “Settings” section from the icon of your profile photo.
- Click on the “Change password” section and follow the steps that Instagram will give you.
Now yes, this is all you can do to fix unknown network error of this social network. If none of this has worked for you, it is time, as we told you before, to wait because the failure comes from Instagram itself and not because of our error.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://eloutput.com/redes-sociales/instagram/error-red-desconocido-solucion/ by eloutput.com
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!