The Amazon Echo, Fire TV and the rest of the devices compatible with Alexa finally receive support for Apple Podcasts, one of the most important platforms when it comes to listening to podcasts. So, if you have a smart speaker or any other product compatible with the Amazon assistant, we are going to tell you how to configure the service.
Alexa and Apple Podcast
Smart speakers, especially those equipped with Alexa, have become essential for many users who have become accustomed to controlling home automation through them. Although with the improvements of the latest models, there are also interesting solutions for everything related to the music and podcast playback.
The problem is that for this last use case there was still a significant absence. Although you could access the episodes available on platforms such as Spotify or using your speaker as a Bluetooth device, you lacked access to one of the great podcasting platforms: Apple Podcasts.
This has finally been resolved and the content can now be reproduced thanks to the added support. A feature that will interest all users in general, but especially those who own Apple devices and through their iPhone, iPad or Mac use the Apple service as the main source for the reproduction of podcasts and where they also keep all their subscriptions per day.
How to set up Apple Podcasts on Alexa devices
The process of setting up Apple Podcasts on Alexa-compatible devices is very simple. If you have already configured other similar ones, you will already know what we mean. Likewise, the process to be carried out is as follows:
- The first thing you should do is open the Alexa application on your mobile device or access through the web alexa.amazon.com
- Once inside, go to the Skills section and look for the Apple Podcasts section if for some reason it does not appear as recommended or highlighted
- With the Skills already active after clicking the Allow its use button, then click Settings
- Within the configuration section you will only have to go to Link your account and when you are on the Apple website enter your AppleID data to associate the account
- Ready, you already have Apple Podcasts configured on your Alexa device and all the programs to which you are subscribed will be synchronized, although you can also request others available on the platform
As you can see the process is very simple. Now you only have to use some of the commands that allow you to use the service. These commands should always include Apple Podcasts so Alexa knows where to look. For example, “Alexa, play nbamaniacs on Apple Podcasts” or “Alexa, play the latest episode of nbamaniacs on Apple Podcasts.” The only time where you don’t have to is when something is playing and you want it to advance, rewind or go to another episode among other basic actions.