Alexa on your wrist
When Xiaomi launched the Mi Band 5 we all expected that the most popular quantizer bracelet on the market would introduce, among other features, the possibility of using Alexa. A functionality that, even if it seems uninteresting, would have opened a whole new range of possibilities. Especially within the home if, in addition, we have dedicated betting on said assistant to control the home automation, etc.
In spite of everything, it seems that no manufacturer wants to launch the definitive activity bracelet yet. Because this model lacks NFC connectivity, another important feature that offers very diverse uses and that allows mobile payments. Something that today is much more convenient still.
However, taking into account the price at which the bracelet can be found, the truth is that the Amazfit Band 5 is a very good option if a product like the Apple Watch or other similar smart watches does not convince you at all.
How to set up Alexa on the Amazfit Band 5
If you have decided to bet on the Amazfit Band 5 and you are interested in using Alexa, all you have to do is link your Alexa profile with the bracelet. This is a process as simple as the one you could carry out for another device. Although if you have doubts, it is always good to have a step by step guide and that is what we are going to tell you.
When configuring Alexa on the Amazfit Band 5 you just have to perform the following steps:
- The first step is to open the Zepp app from your mobile device. This is the official app for managing Amazfit devices (Yes, a little mess of classic brands from Chinese companies). It is available for iOS and Android
- Once done, tap on your profile icon that you will see at the bottom of the app’s user interface
- Within the profile, go to the Add Accounts option and there select Amazon Alexa
- As with skills and other apps or devices, tap on the yellow button to allow the use of Alexa
- When you click on this button, you will be prompted to add both your Alexa username and password.
- Once you have done it and completed the instructions on the screen, you will have Alexa configured on your Amazfit Band 5
As you can see, the Alexa configuration process on the Amazfit Band 5 is so simple that in a couple of minutes you have it. What you do have to know is that currently it can only be used in English. If you have no problem with the language, it is an option that is worth trying.
Of course, you also have to know that the experience is not as fluid as with a smart speaker. This is because the bracelet really has to communicate with your phone to send the orders to the Amazon platform in the cloud and thus be processed. But as a first approximation it is a good start.