Guide Sideload apps Fire TV USB Drive kodi or any other AppsThe addition of the free file browser, Total Commander, to the official Fire TV app store. Now makes it possible to sideload apps like Kodi onto the Fire TV without the need to use ADB and a PC. As long as you can load a USB drive with an APK file, you can sideload it onto the Fire TV without any outside connection or utility.
Categories: How to guides, Android Settings, Android apps, Amazon
Sideloading Fire TV Apps.This method uses an app called Total Commander (installable directly from the Fire TV Appstore) to install APK files stored on a USB drive. This method works for the 1st-gen and 2nd-gen Fire TV but does not work for the Fire TV Stick because it does not have a standard USB port. You only need a computer to transfer the APK files you want to be installed onto the USB drive. Then you can do everything else directly on the Fire TV without the need of a computer or ADB. This method is ideal if you want to install many APKs at once or very large APKs since you don’t have to wait for each one to be transferred to the Fire TV.
How to Sideload Fire TV the quick way
- Put the APK onto a USB drive
- Connect the USB into the back of the Fire TV
- Navigate to Developer Options and allow unknown sources
- Install Total Commander from the Amazon store
- Open Total Commander and select the APK to sideload
- Click Install to finish sideloading apps to the Fire TV
How to Sideload apps Fire TV USB Drive
- Transfer the APK you want to sideload onto a USB drive. The USB drive must be using the FAT32 file system. If you are installing Kodi, download the Android ARM version from here.
- Plug the USB drive into the USB port on the back of the Fire TV.
Enable apps from Unknown Sources
- From the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick’s home screen, Settings→System→Developer Options→Then select “Apps from Unknown Sources” to turn the option to “ON”→ Click OK” on the popup message which appears.
- Install Total Commander for free from the Amazon Appstore. You can either search for it using the Fire TV’s search or select to send it to your Fire TV using Amazon’s website.
- Launch Total Commander once it’s installed and select the USB option in the list of directories.
- Select the APK file you want to sideload from the list of files on your USB drive.
- Select “Install”.
- Select “Install” again.
- The app is now installed. Select Done to finish or Open to open the app.
Easy to Follow steps using USB Stick Total Commander Download Link Format USB to FAT32
You need a PC to format USB and load app file.
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Fire TV Sideloading Apps
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: