Samsung seems to have managed to find the “perfect recipe” in its second bet for the foldable smartphone segment. After having achieved great success in the United States, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is also a real success in India, the second largest market in the world.
Pre-orders for the new foldable smartphone in India started today, but have not been available for a long time. After a few minutes, the brand revealed that it had already exhausted the available stock, being forced to close pre-purchases. Although the number of units available has not been revealed, this remains an impressive achievement.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip comes to the Indian market with a price of around € 1,415, not far from the price it will reach UK. One thing is for sure, their demand was well above expectations, especially considering that users had to pay the full amount to reserve the smartphone.
Samsung will need to speed up production lines for the Galaxy Z Flip
Despite its price well above the usual for a smartphone in 2020, the Galaxy Z Flip is being a real success and more and more users are looking to experience this new format. For this reason, it seems that the brand will need to “stretch” its production capacity to the maximum.
As it is launched in more markets, it seems certain that demand will continue to grow exponentially. In the case of the Indian market, the manufacturer has already confirmed that it will reopen pre-orders on February 28, two days after delivering the first shipment of smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specifications
- 6.7 inch foldable AMOLED display with 1080x2636p resolution
- 1.06-inch AMOLED exterior screen with 116x300p resolution, always on
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor
- Adreno 640 Graphics
- 256GB of internal storage
- UFS 3.0
- 12MP f / 1.8 (wide) + 12MP f / 2.2 (ultrawide) rear cameras
- Video recording up to 4K at 60fps, HDR10 +
- AKG stereo speakers
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB 3.1 Type C
- Biometric sensor on the side
- 3300mAh battery
- 15W wireless charging, 9W wireless charging
- Android 10, One UI 2
- Colors: Black, Purple and Gold (in selected countries)
- Dimensions: Open – 167.9 x 73.6 x 7.2 mm; Folded – 87.4 x 73.6 x 17.3 mm
EBox editors recommend: