If you have not followed the evolution of the foldable smartphone segment since the beginning, I recall that it was not one of the major manufacturers to market the first foldable smartphone ever. This title was attributed to the Royole FlexPai, which despite not arriving with attractive design and specifications, was in fact the first to reach the market.
Since then, it seems that the manufacturer has decided to bet strongly on the development of its successor, which has just been made available on the popular Chinese store JD.com. The Royole FlexPai 2 arrives with high-end specifications and an apparently irresistible price for Chinese users.
Just an hour after the page was put online, FlexPai 2 had already accumulated more than 50,000 preserves and yesterday, more than 150,000 had already been registered. At JD.com, the foldable smartphone is available for around € 1,250.
Royole FlexPai 2 specifications
- 7.8 “inch flexible OLED screen with a resolution and fold out mechanism
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 256GB / 512GB of UFS3.0 internal memory
- Four cameras: 64MP + 16MP (ultrawide) + 8MP (telephoto, 3x optical zoom) + 32MP (portrait)
- 4,450mAh battery with support for fast charging at 18W
- Android 10 with custom interface by the manufacturer
The official sale of the smartphone will start only tomorrow, having to wait a few days to confirm whether these reservations will actually translate into final purchases. Unlike what happened with the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 in Korea, there is no concrete information on the terms for booking the Royole FlexPai 2.
Still, the manufacturer has already confirmed that all available units have been booked.
EBox editors recommend: