OnePlus is about to launch yet another range of smartphones. If all goes as expected, the next smartphones will be the OnePlus 8, 8 Pro and 8 Lite.
The brand revealed in its official forum that it knows that it has to improve in many aspects and one of them is in its photo camera. More specifically in video quality. Although the improvements will affect the video and photo quality.
OnePlus commitments in the 2020 smartphone camera
The brand mentioned some of its commitments and believes that there are many. Therefore, we can see that the company is finally looking at one of the sectors in which its smartphones remain below the high-end competition.
- Exposure / color change / white balance and consistency across cameras
- Autofocus consistency
- Consistency of skin tone
- Sharp image quality
- Super stabilization
- Dynamic Range Improvement
- Troubleshooting “flickering” (Light flicker)
- Panoramic images are still not smooth
- Fastest camera to open
- All lenses to be shot with the same definition (change lenses while shooting)
- Limited 4K recording duration
- One-handed use needs to be improved
- Video edition
- Addition of Pro Mode in video recording
- Depth of field for tele (optical) camera recording
- Zoom time interval
- Record video with reverse image (back to front)
- Night mode for night video
- AR emoji and sticker recording
- “Social networks” mode
- Light painting mode
- 2 cameras recording at the same time
OnePlus 8 may have many of these features
The OnePlus 8 (Pro or normal model) may be one of the first smartphones to feature some of these improvements. However, this may not happen at launch.
Still, we can see that most improvements can be made via software. That is, the OnePlus 8 may come to receive many of these new features after it has been launched.
Older OnePlus smartphones can also improve your camera
As I mentioned, since the improvements can be via software, this also means that older smartphones from OnePlus may also have some of these characteristics. It remains for us to know which ones!
EBox editors recommend: