Amazon’s Echo speakers
They are without a doubt one of the most popular smart devices out there today. Amazon speakers have become one of the first options when it comes to domotize a house thanks to the good performance they have, all the options it offers and the different prices it looks (allowing whatever your pocket is, you can always a team from the catalog).
They all move thanks to Alexa, Amazon’s intelligent assistant and great opponent of Google Assistant -no matter how much Siri has improved, it is still somewhat below these two-, a solution that allows the user to execute a multitude of actions that range from simple reminders to play movies or perform a video call.
Whatever model you have bought (from the Echo dot that you have on these lines in video to the Echo Show 5 on offer that you have now and that we leave you a little below), which does have everything in common, in addition of Alexa’s voice, it’s her way of get started. And that is exactly what we are going to review now: how to get an Echo speaker up and running for the first time and what are the steps to follow. Aim.
How to set up an Echo speaker for the first time
As soon as you take your Amazon Echo speaker out of the box, the first thing you will have to do is have its cable and plug for the power outlet at hand. None of the equipment in this family is wireless, so they all need power from a cable (included in the box) to function.
Set up the Amazon Alexa app
Once the next step is turned on, you will have to take it on your smartphone, since you will have to download an application in it (available of course both on Android and iOS) to continue with the configuration:
- Go to the app store of your terminal and search Amazon Alexa.
- Hit download and install it on your phone.
- When you open it, you will be notified that it requires access to Bluetooth. You accept.
- Log in with your Amazon account credentials (you must have one for the process).
- You will have to tell Alexa “who you are” and grant the permissions for Alexa to access your contacts (so you can send messages and call them) and receive notifications.
- Alexa voice learning will be proposed to you to interact with it. You can skip it and do it later or configure it at that time so that it recognizes you – we recommend the second, it is just a few seconds in which you will have to repeat a few phrases and that’s it.
- Everything configured. The main home page of the app will appear on your phone screen.
Pair your Echo with your Amazon Alexa app
Now is the time to plug your Echo speaker into power. In doing so, first will glow blue and after that in orange. At this time two things can happen: that your app automatically detects it instantly, appearing a warning message as a card on the screen of your phone, or that you have to “force” the detection manually.
In this second In this case, the steps you must follow are the following:
- Tap on “More” (lower right corner) and then on + Add a device.
- Select “Amazon Echo.”
- Tap on “Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus and More.”
- You will be asked if the Echo is plugged in (now is the time to do it) and if it is in setup mode (the computer will issue a orange light about a minute after plugging in, indicating that it is ready for setup).
- Your phone will search for the device and should find it in no time.
Once your phone detects the equipment (either in the first way we mentioned or after you look for it) the following steps are common:
- Select one Wifi network for your Echo to connect to it.
- In a matter of seconds, you will see a notice that the Echo has been connected and even this will warn you that you are ready to start using it.
- Tap on “Continue.”
- Choose the bedroom where your Echo is (it can be a default name or create a custom one if you scroll down completely).
- Add the address where your speaker is located (by default it will appear to choose the one you have associated with your Amazon account, but you can change it). Touch continue.
- Put a Name to that location and tap “Next.”
- You can view (if you want, it is not mandatory or necessary) a video with basic concepts about the specific speaker you have.
- Touch continue.
- You will see a setup complete message which means you can now speak to Alexa and start using your device.
- Tap on “Done.”
After these steps, the loudspeaker itself will speak to you, and will suggest that you try some commands so that you begin to familiarize yourself with them. You can also cancel this little training, although we recommend it so that you begin to “let go” with the voice assistant.
From here it is a matter of learning all the possibilities that your Echo offers you, exploring the application and its options. Simply in the home section you have a good amount of suggestions as they are:
- Explore and know the so-called skills
- Customize Alexa responses
- Create routines
- Call your contacts
- Know other suggestions
Go through them and you will be able to better know all the possibilities that the speaker offers (many of them may not have occurred to you). Here at EntertainmentBox we have also been teaching you (and we will continue to do so) tricks and tasks to configure on your speaker, so do not hesitate to look for them to get the best possible use of it.
Note: the Amazon shopping links in this article may earn us a small commission through your affiliate program. Even so, the purpose of this article remains informative and the inclusion of the links has been decided by the value they bring to the group and to the reader, without receiving any suggestion or request for publication from Amazon.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://eloutput.com/productos/domotica/amazon-echo-configurar-primera-vez/ by eloutput.com
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!