How to change HomePod’s alarm tone to an Apple Music song
The HomePod, like other smart speakers, offers different options when it comes to customizing different aspects, such as the alarm sound. And yes, this seems obvious and really is is still an option that some users of the Apple speaker are not aware of.
So how we want you to wake up with rhythm, we are going to show you how to change the default alarm tone of the HomePod and HomePod mini for your favorite song of the moment. Of course, before moving forward you have to know that the song must be yes or yes essential in Apple Music. Which implies that you have to be a subscriber to the company’s streaming music service.
We are convinced that the latter is true, because knowing that Spotify is not supported yet and it is the great service that most use, it would not make much sense to bet on this speaker and you are not subscribed. So, if you have a HomePod or are planning to purchase the new mini version, this is what you should do to change the default alarm tone:
- The first thing you have to do is open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad or Mac
- Within this application, locate the icon corresponding to your HomePod and touch or click on it
- Scroll to the Alarms section and access it
- Select the alarm you want to edit or create a new one
- Whether you choose to edit an existing one or not, in the new window you will see that within Alarm sound the option Choose song appears
- Now choose medium and you will see Apple Music
- Selected Apple Music the next step is to find the song with which you want your HomePod to notify you
- Finally, if you want you can also modify other settings it offers such as the volume at which it will sound, etc.
Ready, from this moment on that alarm will sound with the song you have decided. The good and interesting thing is that, as you can imagine, this allows you to set exactly what kind of tone or song you want for each alarm. So, for example, to wake up in the morning you could use a calmer song and to end your workday from home a more lively one.
There are many options, so it is a matter of seeing which one you prefer or are most interested in. The interesting thing would be that through Siri you could also choose not only the alarm time, something that is possible right now, but also the tone or sound that it will play to notify you.