The LG G6 is one of the best smartphones you can buy, even now that its price is already dropping. Especially if you don't mind not having the latest Qualcomm processor and you don't want to invest in a LG V30 or the new Galaxy Note 8. It is well known that this high end will receive Android Oreo but if you don't want to wait until the official update, You can now test the news thanks to LineageOS 15.
See also: Xiaomi Mi 7 will have one of the features of iPhone X and Note8
We had already seen LineageOS 15 coming up with a lot of devices, especially Motorola and now it is the turn of this flagship South Korean giant to be able to try out the new Android Oreo through this LineageOS 15. You can check out the news list at smartphone path further down.
Android-based LineageOS 15 Oreo now available for LG G6
Note that this build it's still a alpha. This is an early system software compilation and has a build more stable soon. We do not recommend installing unless you are a more experienced user.
Note that this version of LineageOS 15 will not yet be perfectly stable for everyday use and only a more advanced user should try installing it despite being an opportunity to try out Android Oreo now.
Note that this build It is only compatible with LG G6 (H870). Do not attempt to install this firmware on any other model or device. Proceed at your own risk. Next you will have the links to Download.
Download LineageOS 15 for LG G6
Stay tuned for the LineageOS 15 updates page in the XDA Developers community or check out the list of firmwares available for download.
How to install LineageOS 15 on LG G6
Firstly you will need to have a TWRP installed on your LG G6. If you don't have it yet, you can download the specific model TWRP here.
- Download LineageOS 15, the ZIP file, and download it to your smartphone.
- Turn on LG G6 in TWRP recovery mode
- Select "Wipe" from the TWRP main menu and perform a Factory Reset or factory reset. It is always recommended to do a clean install. Resets everything except the microSD card memory.
- After selecting the .ZIP file in question make a Swipe to Confirm Flash at the bottom of the screen to begin the ROM installation process. This may take some time.
- Once the ROM is successfully installed Wipe cache / dalvik, select this option and Swipe to wipe at the bottom of the screen.
- After installing LineageOS 15 and Gapps, reset your smartphone.
What's New in LineageOS 15 based on Android Oreo:
- Advanced system of Snoozing to put those Apps battery thirsty sleeping soundly
- Time out for notifications (notifications will be available for a limited time to be set by you)
- Notifications will have name tags to more easily identify them.
- New emojis to color your messages.
- AutoFill of multiple forms
- Photo-by-photo mode in video playback
- Enhanced Operating System Security
For more information on everything that is technology spoken in UK’s follow EBox. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and of course on YouTube where you'll also have our LiveCasts and our weekly PodCasts.
I hope you enjoy this news but I must say that this procedure should only be attempted by an experienced user aware of the risks to their smartphone.
Either way, it's extremely satisfying to see how fast Google's new software is now available for one of the best smartphones of the year. For all intents and purposes the LG G6 is a must-have technology milestone in 2017.
Relevant subjects at EBox:
Meizu M6 is already official: modest and beautiful smartphone
Xiaomi Mi 7 will have one of the features of iPhone X and Galaxy Note8
Google does not buy HTC, but the deal involves one billion euros!
You may also like Did you miss this?