Firmware details Archive: A5BD_EN_Firmware_20170719_v22.214.171.124
Model: Egreat A5 TV Box
Image file size: 613 MB
Platform: HiSilicon HI3798CV20
Image name: update.zip
Build number: Hi3798CV200-eng 5.1.1 LMY48W eng.root.20170413.131940 test-keys / HiSTBAndroidV6/Hi3798CV200/Hi3798CV200:5.1.1/LMY48W/root04131322:eng/test-keys
Inside archive: firmware + bootargs.bin + fastboot.bin +recovery.img
Firmware version: 126.96.36.199
Desktop & Player version: 2.1.19Firmware upgrade instructions This version firmware has three ways to update, user data won’t be wiped.
1. OTA Update. The device will upgrade to newest firmware after you connect to the internet.
2. USB Update.
3. Forced refresh/recovery system.The instructions to force to recover the firmware 1. Please download the forced recovery firmware, the forced recovery firmware contains the following 4 files: update.zip, fastboot.bin, recovery.img, bootargs.bin
Please do not modify the file names and copy these four files to the root directory of the U-disk of FAT32 disk format.
2. Cut off the power supply of this machine, inset the U-disk into the USB2.0 interface of this machine, with a slender hard object (something like the clip after expansion) to insert into the RST small round hole, keep holding down the RST key in RST round hole not loosened, turn on the machine power after holding down the RST button.
3. Keep the posture, release the RST button until the TV screen appears the prompt (the green android small robot animation icon) of being forced refresh/recovery system, the system will automatically complete the forced refresh/recovery system process.
4. Please be patient, after the forced refresh/recovery system is completed, this machine will automatically restart, after a restart, the player can be normally put into use.Notes – Please do not turn off or cut off the power of this machine during the progress of upgrading, otherwise, it may cause this machine can’t boot.
– The file name of the forced recovery system is very important, do not modify the file name (including capital and lowercase).
– If you failed in a check, it is likely that the file has not been downloaded successfully or the file has been corrupted, please download again.Android 5.1 LollipopEgreat A5 has full Play Store pre-installed with access to all apps, allowing easy app installation. Pre-installed Chrome browser with Flash 11 and HTML5. Key Android apps like BBC iPlayer, Youtube, Skype, Netflix are compatible.
Blu-ray Navigation Menu
The first one media player in the world support all kinds of Blu-ray navigation menu.2.4G WI-FI + GIGABIT LANThe ultimate in streaming performance. 2.4G Wi-fi with large high-gain antenna gives the best possible reception and transfer rates. Gigabit LAN delivers ultra fast wired networking. Supports remote wake-up and standby via ethernet.23.976 / 29.976 AUTO FRAME RATE SWITCHINGSmooth playback of all video formats. This is an area where HiSilicon has listened to feedback from users and have worked to provide comprehensive support from launch.2GB RAM + 8GB STORAGE2GB fast DDR3 RAM allows unhindered performance and 8GB eMMC 5.0 internal eMMC internal storage
ANDROID TV BOX REPAIRS – DEVICE REPAIRS – REPAIRS FOR TV BOXES
Our device repair centre is open. If your Android TV Box has stopped working then we can look at it for you. We offer repairs on most devices. Android, Apple, Windows, Tablets and more.How it Works:
Simply purchase the device repair for £20.
Print off your receipt/invoice as proof of purchase.
Send us your device with the receipt/invoice inside. (You are responsible for the postage cost, we recommend sending it recorded delivery.)
When we receive the device, we will aim to get it fixed within 24 hours.
If we can fix it, we send it back to you (we pay for this postage cost) and you are ready to go.
If the device cannot be fixed, we will give you £20 off your next device purchase on our website (www.entertainmentbox.com).
Caution Please do not update firmware unless you know what you are doing, you really want it or it is absolutely necessary. Firmware updates may occasionally have bad results, like bricking your device, temporarily or permanently. The firmware update process is done entirely at your own risk. Before attempting to update the firmware, back up your data.