Table of Contents
- 1 , kodi shut down!
- 1.1 Update 01/04/2017 22:17 IT’S ALL OVER
- 1.2 Update 01/04/2017 15:19pm
- 1.3 Today the Kodi.tv website has been displaying a Kodi Domain seized page on the home page. Now this is either one of 3 things
- 1.4 Has Kodi been shut down?
- 1.5 Will Kodi still work if Kodi shut down?
- 1.6 Finale thoughts
- 1.7 Pros
- 1.8 Cons
- 1.9 Share this:
- 1.10 Like this:
- 1.11 Related
, kodi shut down!
Update 01/04/2017 22:17 IT’S ALL OVERWell done Kodi.TV! After a long day, it’s finally all over. We know for 100% that the domain seized notice was fake. It was all part of a very carefully planned unveiling of the new look site. Kodi.tv is back up and running and looking a million dollars.Why would Kodi place the domain seized banner on their own site? to attract people’s attention, to Increase people’s awareness and to also get people to visit the site to see if it’s back up and running. By doing a stunt like this, it sent shockwaves through the Kodi community. Youtubers, bloggers, reviewers, all had something to say about it. Now Kodi.TV will reap the rewards that they deserve.
Update 01/04/2017 15:19pmAfter doing a little digging, it looks like this could very well be a well-planned April fool’s joke. Why do we say this?
- The Kodi domain seized image being displayed is being hosted by kodi tv, not an external agency. https://kodi.tv/logos.jpg
- Kodi is also hosting the full HTML on their server https://kodi.tv/index.html
- Their domain DNS is pointed to cloudflare A government agency would not use this public service.
Categories: News, Kodi XBMC SPMC EBMCWhat this shows us is that kodi.TV still control or the images displayed. If the site was under control of ICE the images would be hosted on an external server, not hosted on Kodi.TV. What they have done is relatively easy. When a site is down for maintenance they can display any image they want for all pages and posts. So, it’s highly likely they have put the site into maintenance mode and replaced the image on the site.
Today the Kodi.tv website has been displaying a Kodi Domain seized page on the home page. Now this is either one of 3 things
- Kodi TV has been taken down by Homeland Security Investigations. Who has the power to take down a website that’s infringing the 18 U.S.C 981 law. Under the guidelines, ICE has the power to take over or confiscate property including a domain. If a domain is in breach of 18 U.S.C the United States can take it.
- Kodi TV has been hacked, it’s possible that Kodi.TV has been hacked. When a website has been hacked it’s possible for the hackers to replace content with their own. So, this takes down notice could be fake. Once a hacker takes over a site they can do whatever they like. In other cases, the attackers just destroy a site or take it offline.
- The final option is Kodi TV is pulling an elaborate April fools joke. Let’s say they wanted to do a publicity stunt on April fool’s, how would they get people talking about Kodi? Well, a domain seized landing page would get people’s attention.
Has Kodi been shut down?At the time of writing this is what we can confirm.
- Kodi.TV website is displaying Domain Seized
- You can still download kodi from the Google Play store for Android devices
- Kodi official twitter page is saying “we are looking into it”
- Official Kodi downloads are not working
- The Kodi forum is also displaying a domain seized notice
Will Kodi still work if Kodi shut down?The simple answer is yes. Kodi is a media player, it’s the 3rd party add-ons that are causing a major issue. Let’s say the closed down the kodi website for good. The developers that create the 3rd party add-ons would still create new ones. By closing the Kodi.TV site it’s not going to tackle the main issue they have. Kodi MC is not reliant on the kodi tv website so even if they take it down the only effect it will have is the RSS feed will no longer display. Any add-ons that are needed from the Kodi TV repo will be moved to someone else’s repo. It’s a difficult situation for the US Government.
Finale thoughtsFrom my experience, this is a little bit more than an April fool’s joke. If this is a stunt, then fair play to them. The amount of publicity they will receive from this stunt is phenomenal. It could also be a good way to highlight the issues surrounding Fully loaded Box sellers. And their way of showing this is what could happen if it carries on. Hopefully, by the time I wake up this will all be a joke or maybe it could be something more. Stay tuned to find out what really happened. As soon as we know we will update this post. Meanwhile, Checkout latest Kodi products, exciting offers and installation resources here.
Latest KODI News KODI 17.4 Best award winning multimedia Application
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- KODI NEWS
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified: