As we have been referring throughout the year, the mid-range segment has grown at an alarming rate, becoming almost more important than the top-end market. So it is not a big surprise that we see ‘budget’ smartphones gaining more and more prominence.
An example of this, is the new iQOO U3, a mid-range smartphone that was finally officially presented, after several weeks full of rumors and leaks. The new iQOO offer comes with a base price of around € 188, making its specifications much more interesting.
As has become customary in smartphones in this segment, it comes equipped with a generous battery to guarantee enviable autonomy, an impressive main sensor and a large screen.
IQOO U3 specifications
- 6.58 “inch IPS LCD screen with Full HD + resolution and small drop-shaped notch
- 90Hz refresh rate, 20: 9 format and support for HDR10 content
- MediaTek 800U processor
- Up to 8GB of RAM
- 128GB internal memory, expandable via microSD card
- Dual rear camera: 48MP + 2MP (depth)
- 8 megapixel front camera
- Side fingerprint reader
- 5,000mAh battery with support for fast charging at 18W
Pricing and availability
For now, the new iQOO U3 has just been made official in China, with the information revealed so far exclusive from that same market. However, we can use these values to get a better idea of what to expect when it is released globally.
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage – € 188
- 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – € 214
The smartphone will hit stores on December 17th, but a possible arrival in the various markets in Europe should happen only in 2021. If you can maintain a competitive price globally, it could be an excellent option for users with a limited budget.
EBox editors recommend: