The latest update has arrived for your iPhone or iPad. IOS 12.2 is now available on your Apple device and comes with Apple News Plus. This is Cupertino's new company news subscription service announced yesterday at the event where Apple has further established itself as a service company.
One of the big news of the update is “Siri's ability to play videos from your iOS device to Apple TV”. Something that basically allows you to control your Apple TV with Siri, via iPhone or iPad. To do this, simply upgrade your device to version 12.2.
As expected, this update also brings support for the second generation of Airpods. Other revealing features are the new Animoji. If you like this function, you now have a giraffe, a shark, a boar and an owl available. In addition, you will have several bugs fixed in the new version.
- Four new Animoji – owl, boar, giraffe and shark – available for iPhone X and newer models, 12.9 inch (3rd generation) iPad Pro and 11 inch iPad Pro
- Specific TV controls on control center and lock screen for quick access to TV controls
- AirPlay for Video Multitasking lets you browse other applications as well as play other short-term audio and video files on your device without interrupting AirPlay
- AirPlay destinations are now grouped by content type so you can find the device you want faster
- Apple Pay Cash customers can now instantly transfer money to bank accounts using Visa debit cards.
- The Wallet app shows Apple Pay credit and debit transactions immediately below the card.
- You can set Break Time at different times for each day of the week.
- A new button lets you temporarily enable and disable app limits
- Website sign-in automatically when filling in credentials with auto-complete passwords
- Warnings appear when loading unencrypted web pages
- Removes support for the expired Do Not Track standard to prevent potential use as a fingerprinting variable; Smart Tracking Prevention now by default protects against cross-site tracking
- Entries in the smart search field can now be modified by tapping the arrow icon next to search suggestions.
- The Explore tab shows more editorial highlights on one page, so it's easier to discover new songs, playlists, and other content.
- Support for new AirPods (2nd generation)
- This update also includes the following enhancements and bug fixes.
- Supports air quality index in Maps app in the U.S., U.K. and India
- Includes information in Settings about how much time is left before the device warranty period expires.
- Displays a “5G E” icon on iPhone 8 and later, 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation) or 11-inch iPad Pro indicating availability of AT&T 5G Evolution network in your area
- Improves the quality of audio recordings in Messaging
- Improves stability and performance of Apple TV Remote on iOS
- Fixes an error that caused some missed calls not to appear in the notification center
- Resolves an issue that caused a notification badge to appear in Settings without any associated action.
- Addresses an issue that could lead to incorrect storage size information for some large applications in the System and Other categories under Settings & gt; General & gt; IPhone storage
To do the upgrade is quite simple. Just go to Settings, General, Software Update and you'll find iOS version 12.2 available. From there, just download and install it on your device. If you have a Mac, the latest version of macOS Mojave is also available now.
EBox editors recommend: