Table of Contents
- 1 How to install Kodi 18.0 update for Windows PC/Windows Devices
- 2 Changelog Kodi 18.0 Leia Windows
- 3 Method 1: How to Install Kodi 18.0 update for Windows Manual installation
- 4 See More: Best TV boxes for Kodi
- 5 Method 2: Install Kodi 18.0 update for Windows using the Windows Store
- 6 Kodi 18.0 Leia update System Requirements for Windows
- 7 How to install Kodi 18.0 on other platforms
- 8 Install Kodi 18.0 update for Windows Conclusion
How to install Kodi 18.0 update for Windows PC/Windows Devices
Its finally hear the Kodi 18.0 Leia stable release for Windows and in this post, we will cover how to install Kodi 18.0 update for Windows PC running Windows. You can use this guide to upgrade from 16.7 Krypton to the latest Kodi Leia 18 stable release. In fact any you can install Kodi on other Windows device including Phones and Tablets. Kodi 18.0 can be installed on both Windows x86 and Windows x64 devices. You can install Kodi 18.0 on a Windows Phone A Windows PC / Laptops even Windows Tablets. You can use any one of the below install guides to install Kodi 18.0 onto Windows device. Kodi 18.0 can be installed from the Windows Store or by manually downloading and installing the EXE file.
Changelog Kodi 18.0 Leia Windows
- Stability has been improved quite a lot
- Music section also gained lots of improvement for those who care a lot about having a clean music library
- Similar to music we can now also use the embedded tags and fill the library based on that instead of using file names
- Live TV and recording front-end
Method 1: How to Install Kodi 18.0 update for Windows Manual installation
This is the most useful way to install Kodi 18.0 onto Windows as you can choose what version of Kodi you want to install. It’s as simple as downloading an EXE file and clicking yes to the Windows installer options until it’s completed. You can use this method on all Windows computers and devices and in some cases, it will be the easiest way to install Kodi. Furthermore installing Kodi manually requires no Microsoft Account.
- Download the latest Kodi 18 for 32Bit from HERE and 64Bit from HERE.
- Click the Kodi file you downloaded to start the Installer
- Click the “Run” button.
- When prompted click “Next”
- Once completed click “Finish” to close the Installer
- Complete you now have Kodi installed on Windows.
See More: Best TV boxes for Kodi
Kodi 18.0 is now available from the official Windows Store but only the latest stable version. Also, a Microsoft Account is needed if you are going to install Kodi 18.0 from the Windows Store. The downside to installing Kodi from the Windows Store is that you can only install the latest version. So if you are running a Windows 7/8 device this option is not available as the latest stable build will only run on Windows 10 and above. For older Windows, PC’s and devices use the Manual installation guide.
- Click here to Download Kodi 18 from the Windows Store
- Click Get
- Complete Kodi 18.0 will now auto install on the Windows device
Kodi 18.0 Leia update System Requirements for Windows
There are a few system requirements for being able to run Kodi 18 on Windows.
First, you’ll need at least Windows Vista, although Windows 7 or Windows 10 is recommended for hardware video decoding. If you’re one of the holdouts still running Windows XP, it’s time to make the switch. Most newer graphics cards are supported. These include the ATI Radeon R420 and the NVIDIA GeForce 6-series. Although the team at Kodi recommends at least an ATI Radeon R700 or a GeForce 8 series card.
How to install Kodi 18.0 on other platforms
How to install Kodi 18 for iPhones/iPads
Install Kodi 18.0 update for Windows Conclusion
We have covered the 2 most common and easiest ways to install Kodi 18.0 for Windows. You can use the Windows Store if you have a Windows 10 device or you can manually install it by downloading the EXE file. Windows is one of the easiest platforms to install Kodi onto and with this helpful guide you can enjoy all the benefits of using Kodi 18.0 on any Windows device.