Table of Contents
- 1 Kodi 18.0 Leia Stable for Amazon firesticks and Fire TV’s has been released follow instructions to update now!
- 2 Changelog Kodi 18.0 Leia Android
- 3 Method: Install Kodi 17.6 Firestick, update Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick
- 4 How to install Kodi 18.0 on other platforms
- 5 Conclusion
Kodi 18.0 Leia Stable for Amazon firesticks and Fire TV’s has been released follow instructions to update now!
In this post, we are going to cover the easiest way to install Kodi 18.0 update for Amazon Firesticks and Fire TVs. All without using a file manager, PC, or laptop. This is the fastest way to update your firesticks to the latest stable release Kodi 18.0 Leia. This is all done using a new app in the Amazon store called Downloader. All you need to do is search the Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick for “Downloader” then install the app. The Downloader app has a built-in web browser that you can use to navigate to a website that has Apps for the Fire TV, then downloads them as normal. Once downloaded an install box will pop up asking if you would like to install the app. it’s that simple!
Read More: Best Free Android VPN for Kodi
Changelog Kodi 18.0 Leia Android
Suggestions With this latest version, it is now possible to utilise the Android Leanback suggestions for Android TV. You can now use the Google voice search to search through your Kodi library straight from the Android screen. Just hit the voice search button and speak whatever you want to search for and it will try to match and show you the results. You’ll get suggested content such as unwatched random Movies, and episodes to keep binge watching them until the end. For your music fans, it will show you random records from the library to maintain your listening as varied as you can.
Voice to text No longer as from now on you can use voice to text typing using the same button on your remote as for the Voice search. To make use of this feature simply do the same as you normally do but instead of typing with the keyboard use the microphone button on the remote and speak. At times this will, of course, be hit and miss and you need to correct it at times. In general, though it works pretty well.
Method: Install Kodi 17.6 Firestick, update Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick
Steps install Kodi 18.0 Firestick, update Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick
- Go to Fire TV Settings / Developer Options and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources. Also, turn on ADB Debugging and/or USB Debugging
- Exit to home screen then navigates to the search button. Type in the box “Downloader” then click download or get to install the Downloader app
- Launch Downloader
- Use the bar on the left to open a web browser
- Navigate to https://entertainmentbox.com/fire
- Finally, click a Kodi 18.0 link to automatically download and install Kodi onto your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV
Watch the video step by step guide below
How to install Kodi 18.0 on other platforms
How to install Kodi 18 for iPhones/iPads
Kodi can feel hard when you do not know how to install the latest version onto an Amazon FireStick or Fire TV. This helpful guide showed you that Kodi 18.0 when you know how. This is by far the easiest way to install the latest Kodi 18.0 update on any Amazon devices.