This page describes how to install Kodi 17.5.1 update for Android, either from an app “store” such as Aptoide, Google Play Store or manually from downloading an APK file.
Categories: How to guides, Kodi XBMC SPMC EBMC, Android appsIt is that time again! Kodi 17.5.1 has been released for Android In this post we will show you how to quickly and easily update Kodi to the latest version. Kodi 17.5.1 is the newest version to be released and will have changes to help the overall performance on Android. This new 17.5.1 will include bug fixes and fixes to other issues that would have been found in Kodi 17.5.0
Installing Kodi 17.5.1 for Android from the Google Play StoreKodi is now available on Google Play (Google account needed): You can download the latest Kodi 17.5.1 for Android using the Play Store. The latest version of Kodi will only work on Android operating systems that are higher than Android 5.0. If you are running a lower Android system you will need to use a different version like EBox MC 4.4 v2. With this version of Kodi, you can install all of the latest Kodi 17.5.1 Krypton add-ons. If you already have a G-Mail account, Google Play is super simple to set up. Just add your G-Mail account and password to the Play Store Android App that can be found on all Android devices.If you don’t have a G-Mail account, simply sign up for one quickly and easily in this window. Creating a G-Mail account for your E-Box is a great way to reap benefits from the Google Suite of apps and services you get for free from Google. Check those out on Google.com after you sign up HERE.
Categories: How to guides, Kodi XBMC SPMC EBMC, Android apps
- Open Play Store Android app
- Add account or sign up
- Search for Kodi
- Click and install Kodi
- Google Play will install the correct version for your device
- Kodi will now be installed on your Android device
Android Manual installationYou can manually download the Kodi 17.5.1 APK file then directly install it using the file browser or APK installer app. With this method, no account needed or any registration as you will install it manually without the use of an App store. For some, this would be the easiest choice. All Android devices have built-in internet browsers you can use the web browser to directly download and install Kodi 17.5.1. If you visit this page and download the Kodi 17.5.1 app then it will download and can be located in your “Downloads” folder. this is normally stored with all your local files.
- Download Kodi 17.5.1 for Android
- Open your File browser or file explorer. (this will be in all apps)
- Click Downloads
- Now click on the Kodi you downloaded from the link above.
- Confirm you want to install the APK
Using Aptoide to install Kodi 17.5.1Aptoide is the most used alternative to the Play Store. Aptoide has a wide range of apps uploaded by individual users and Kodi 17.5.1 is no different. If you have never heard of Aptoide then please check out our detailed guide on how to install Aptoide for Android. The good thing about the Aptoide store it will keep all your apps up to date and let you know when new versions of the apps you have installed have a new version available. Unlike the Play Store, no account is needed to download the latest Kodi 17.5.1 app.
- Open Aptoide
- Search for Kodi
- Click “search for latest version”
- Now click install on Kodi 17.5.1
- Kodi 17.5.1 installed
Using EBox Store to install Kodi 17.5.1If you are lucky enough to have one of our TV boxes you can easily install Kodi 17.5.1 The Ebox store has the latest versions of Kodi and EBMC ready to download at the click of a button. We update the EBox Store whenever a new version of Kodi or EBMC is released making it the absolute best way to install Kodi 17.5.1 for Android. You will need one of our Android boxes to use this store.
- Open The EBox store app
- Click on Kodi 17.5.1
- Click Install
- Complete you now have the latest Kodi 17.5.1
How to install Kodi 17.5.1 for Android TVIf you are running the Official Android TV version you will need to enable unknown sources. Being the restricted version of Android there are a few extra steps needed. Default settings in Android TV have unknown sources disabled by default. This stops the user from installing apps that are not in the Play Store. By enabling this setting you can install any app you download.
- Navigate to the settings menu
- Click security menu
- Enable “Unknown sources” option.
- Go back to the “Settings” menu, scroll down and select the “Security & Restrictions”
- Now turn on “Unknown Sources”
- Download Kodi for Android depending on your hardware, you need to select either the ARM or x86 version
- Copy the downloaded .apk file to Google Drive or a USB drive and plug it into your Android TV
- Navigate to where you saved the .apk file using ES File Explorer or any other file management app.
- Open the Kodi 17.5.1.apk file click install Kodi
- Complete You now have Kodi 17.5.1 on Android TV
How to install Kodi 17.5.1 using the EBox AppThe Ebox All in one Android app has the option to download the latest version of Kodi 17.5.1 directly to your device. The EBox app also has the latest version of EBMC based on SPMC. If you wanted to it’s possible to download the latest version of Kodi and the latest version of EBMC based on SPMC and have both versions running at the same time. You can have 2 complete Kodi setups running on one device.
- Download the EBox app from the Play Store (All EBox TV boxes has this app, pre-installed)
- Click the Kodi 17.5.1 icon to start the download
- Locate file browser in all apps
- Click on the downloads folder
- Now click the Kodi 17.5.1 app you downloaded
- Click install
- Congratulations! Kodi 17.5.1 Krypton is now running on Android
- This Version of Kodi is for Android devices running 5.0 or higher. If you need the latest version of Kodi for older Android versions click here
- If you have EBMC 17.5 based on Kodi installed on your Android device you will not be able to install this official Kodi 17.5.1 build without uninstalling EBMC first.
- You can have EBMC and kodi running on the same time as long as the EBMC version you are using is based on SPMC
- You cannot have EBMC based on Kodi and the official Kodi installed at the same time
- If you are unable to install this version of Kodi uninstall any version of EBMC/Kodi on your device then try to reinstall it again
- You can install Kodi 17.5.1 over the top of Kodi 17.5 without losing any customizations
- You can install EBMC 17.5.1 over the top of EBMC 17.5 without losing any customizations
Easy to use and follow guide
Having to update too often.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.1 stars
4.1 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating