After being presented last week through an online event, the new smartphones of the Huawei Mate 40 family are about to hit the market. With the launch scheduled for November 30, the luxury model is already giving a talk.
The Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design was presented as the new star of Huawei’s portfolio, featuring specifications of the highest level, design designed by the recognized Porsche Design, luxurious construction materials and an exorbitant price of € 2,295.
Although your list of specifications can easily justify a price premium, it was clear that for a high-end smartphone with traditional formats, this price would be out of reach for most users. However, the manufacturer decided to open reservations for its purchase and, to everyone’s surprise, they have already obtained more than 210 thousand reservations.
We will hardly see Huawei materialize most of these reserves
There is no doubt that these are impressive numbers, especially when we talk about a “normal” smartphone that costs more than 2 thousand euros. But, it is important to emphasize that to make your reservation, users only needed to click on a button. Therefore, the absence of any type of investment made them able to reach these numbers.
Guaranteed, many users will end up not proceeding with the purchase of the smartphone once it becomes available. If all the “interested” really bought the Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design that they reserved, the manufacturer could already count on revenues in the order of 472 million euros.
Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design specifications
- 6.76 “inch OLED screen with Quad HD + resolution and double punch hole
- 90Hz refresh rate
- HiSilicon Kirin 9000 5G processor
- 12GB of RAM
- 512GB of internal memory, expandable via NM (Nano Memory) card
- 5 rear cameras: 50MP + 12MP (telephoto, 3x optical zoom) + 8MP (periscope, 10x optical zoom) + 20MP (ultrawide) + 3D ToF (depth)
- Dual front camera: 13MP + 3D ToF
- Stereo speakers, fingerprint reader on the screen, 3D facial recognition and infrared thermometer
- 4,400mAh battery with fast charging support at 66W (50W wireless and 5W reverse)
- Android 10, EMUI 11 (without Google services)
EBox editors recommend: