Foldable smartphones are evolving with each new one. And while their price still makes them prohibitive for many people, issues of durability seem to be less and less of an issue.
The newly launched Huawei Mate X2 has already passed through the hands of the fearsome Zach Nelson from YouTube channel JerryRigEverything. And as you would expect with any smartphone, the equipment was truly slaughtered in this durability test. How will it behave?
The exterior screen is constructed of glass, and that makes it just scratch from the usual level 6 of the test. The interior screen, which is foldable, has a majority plastic construction. And that makes it easy to cross from level 2 of the test.
One piece of advice is that sand is not a friend of such a product. A single grain can strongly affect the inside of the fold. But it looks like a good job has been done in this regard.
The Huawei Mate X2 is a foldable smartphone. But does it fold the wrong way? This is the most fearsome part for any equipment in these tests, and the Mate X2 turns out to be impeccable.
Even with a lot of pressure, the Mate X2 ends up surviving the folding in the wrong way. Which certainly ends up shaming equipment like the ROG Phone 5 or the Lenovo Legion Duel 2 that recently failed this test.
Huawei Mate X2 main specifications
- Main screen: 8 inch 90 Hz foldable OLED with 413 dpi
- Resolution: 2200 x 2480 pixels
- Secondary display: 6.45 inch OLED at 90 Hz with 456 dpi
- Resolution: 1160 x 2700 pixels
- Processor: Kirin 9000 5G at 5 nm
- Frequency: octa-core with maximum frequency of 3.13 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 256 or 512 GB
- Main camera: quadruple 50 MP + 12 MP + 8 MP + 16 MP
- Secondary camera: 16 MP
- Battery: 4500 mAh capacity
- Operating system: Android 10
- Bluetooth 5.2 connection, Wi-Fi6, IR
- Charging: fast at 55 W Huawei SuperCharge
- Available in Black, White, Light Blue and Golden Rose
- Dimensions: 161.8 x 145.8 x 8.2 mm (open); 161.8 x 74.6 x 14.7 mm (closed)
- 161.8 x 74.6 x 14.7 mm: 295 grams
- Price: from € 2 292 in China
4gnews editors recommend:
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://4gnews.pt/smartphone-dobravel-da-huawei-massacrado-em-teste-de-durabilidade-video/ by 4gnews.pt
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!