Google Maps is one of the best apps you can use to travel from point A to point B. However, the lack of privacy of Google services makes many users question its usefulness.
However, with the recent scandals of recent times as technology companies supremacy with our information, Google has made the "anonymous mode" feature available on Google Maps.
How to enable Google Maps feature in incognito mode
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Click your profile picture in the upper right corner
- Click "Enable Incognito Mode"
- It's done.
To disable incognito mode on Google Maps you just have to click on the anonymous "icon" in the upper right corner and "Disable Incognito mode".
Benefits of using Google Maps incognito
- Do not save your search history
- Do not save your browsing history
- Do not send notifications (of possible location ratings)
- Does not update update history
- Won't let you share location
- Does not customize Google Maps with recommendations
Personally I even like the Google Maps recommendations. By the way, it's one of the few applications that I don't mind giving my data and likes so that I can recommend restaurants or places to visit that fit me. However, there are those who do not want such information. In this respect, this anonymous mode is an advantage
The feature has been on Android for a while but is only now beginning to reach iPhone users. Increasingly we have to watch over our privacy and this is one of the simple and quick ways to do it.
EBox editors recommend:
You may also like
Did you miss this?