Upgrade or downgrade the R99 TV box with this guide for Windows PC’s
In this guide, we will show you how to upgrade the R99 TV box up to Android 7.1.2. We will also add a link to our rooted Android 6.1 firmware so if you only want to try the Android 7.1.2 version your still able to downgrade to Android 6.1.
If you want to upgraded or downgrade your R99 you will need a USB type C cable that you use to connect the R99 to a PC. You cannot update this TV box with a USB to USB cable.
Click to download one of the firmware below.
- Click here to download the latest unrooted Android 7.1.2 firmware (17/03/2018)
- Click here to download the ROOTED EBox R99 Firmware Android 6.1
- Click here to download the unrooted EBox R99 Firmware Android 6.1
- Download the driver assistant and factory tool, then download the firmware you want to use.
- Open the Batch tool and driver assistant.zip and extract the two folders to your desktop or somewhere you can find them.
- Open the DriverAssitant_v4.4 folder and click the DriverInstall.exe
- Click install drivers, click yes to any requests needed to install the correct drivers
- Once drivers are installed close the program and open the FWFactory tool folder
- Click The FactoryTool.exe to start the program
- Click the round world icon on the top row then select the second option to change the language to English
- Now click the firmware tab in the top left-hand corner and locate the Firmware you downloaded from above
- Once the firmware has finished loading into the tool Click Run to start the program
- On the back left-hand side of the R99 is a small reset pinhole, you need something that can fit inside the R99 small reset button.
- Now hold the reset button in and connect the Type-C cable and then the power cable (holding the reset button in all the time)
- The Factory tool will now start to flash the R99 with the firmware you selected. Once it compleats the upgrade it will run for a second time to check the firmware upgrade was successful.
- Complete! you have now successfully upgraded the R99 TV box with the firmware of your choosing.
Then click “Install Driver”, and depending on your version of Windows the Security below may show up twice during installation. Just click “Install”
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
4.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating