Make the leap to streaming video games with Google Stadia
Performing live while you play your favorite titles is not complicated, but depending on which platform you want to do it and the quality you are looking for, it will cost you more or less. Because it is not the same to broadcast only the game than to want to add another additional signal where you can be seen playing and even comment on the game or chat with those who see you.
To achieve this in most cases required with additional hardware, such as an audio and video capturer, microphones, lights, etc. Without forgetting that you will also have to have a powerful PC if you want to play while doing all this or one capable enough to manage the different audio and video signals, effects, resources, etc., that you want to add.
But now if you want Google Stadia It makes all this easier for you since it has activated the possibility of stream directly to YouTube. It is an exclusive option for now from the web version, but it is a beginning of what in the future could be done from mobile devices or the Chromecast Ultra itself connected to the television.
How to stream from Google Stadia
In the event that you use or are going to start using Google Stadia to stream your games, the first thing you need to know is whether or not this option is active in your country. The list of countries that already enjoy this new option are:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Czech republic
If you are among one of the listings, keep reading. Because now we are going to tell you that you must resort to a computer with Chrome installed, a compatible gamepad, and an internet connection that is fast enough both upstream and downstream so that the experience is optimal throughout the game.
In the event that you comply with all this, to start broadcasting a live stream of your games on Google Stadia you only have to perform the following steps:
- Open Stadia.com from your web browser and log in with your user account
- Next, in the upper right corner you will see an icon that gives you actions to the section friends
- Once inside, you will see that a new tab or button appears where it is indicated Broadcast live press and you will be sent to a screen where you will have to link your current YouTube channel or create a new one to do so on it
- With the channel where you are going to broadcast already selected, the next step is to start the game you want to play. Once started press Shift + Tab to see the options that allow you to start the live broadcast
- Now you just have to fill in the different settings, such as the name of the video, whether it will be public or not, as well as whether you want audio and voice to also be transmitted
Ready, from here and as you can see for yourself you will not have to worry about anything else. Google’s servers will take care of everything necessary to make your game available to all those who want to see how you play on YouTube.
Presumably, this function will gradually improve, to the point of offering additional options such as capturing video through a webcam or camera connected to your PC. In addition to being also available from mobile devices compatible with Google Stadia. But for now it is a good option to start streaming and see whether or not you have the ability to hook the audience. Although you can also do it for pleasure and to have those games in the future always available to revisit them.