Install a web browser on the Apple TV 4 and sideload internet browser Apple TV 4
Categories: Apple, How to guides
Update: New easy guide install a web browser with Cydia Impactor
We have found a new way to easily install a web browser onto any Apple TV 4 without a jailbreak. This new guide is using Cydia Impactor a new tool by a well known trusted developer. Cydia Impactor can be used on Windows, Mac and Linux. Now your not restricted to only using an Apple Mac. Follow the simple steps below and you will soon have an internet browser running on the Apple TV 4.
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Download the Browser.api
- Connect the Apple TV4 to your computer with USB and power cable
- Copy the contents of downloaded Cydia Impactor into a New folder
- Click Impactor to start the program
- Drag and drop the Browser.api file into Cydia Impactor
- Now enter a Valid Apple ID
- Complete you now have Kodi running on your ATV 4
Old guide to install an internet browser onto the Apple TV 4
List of things you’ll need to run a Web browser on your Apple TV 4th Gen.
- A Mac running OS X 10.10.5 or later.
- A free Apple ID developer account.
- Xcode 7.2 from the Mac App Store, which needs more than 4GB of disk space all by itself.
- iOS App Signer
- A USB C to USB A cable, for connecting your Apple TV to your Mac via its service port.
- If you want to buy an Apple TV 4 that has this and other apps pre-installed then click here
Please watch this video before you try to install the web browser onto your Apple TV 4
- Download Xcode, Browser.API, IOS App Signer.
- Create A free Apple ID developer account.
- Connect your device to your Mac
- Open Xcode 7 on your Mac → click Xcode on the top menu bar now click preferences.
- Use the + button on the pop-up page to add your Apple ID you created in step 2
- Launch Xcode → click Create a new Xcode Project → select Application under tvOS → Single View Application, and click Next.
- In the Product name field, insert a unique name like AppleTVorYourNameHere and click Next → Create
- Ensure that your Apple TV is selected in the destination menu at the top left had to side of the screen.
- Under the Team drop-down box, select your Apple ID, and click the Fix Issue button to resolve provisioning issues.
- Minimize Xcode and open the iOS App Signer.
- Click Browse on the iOS App Signer and select you downloaded Browser.api in step 1
- Select your Apple ID in the iOS App Signer’s Signing Certificate box.
- Select the Project name/bundle identifier you just created in step 7
- Click Start in the bottom right-hand corner of the iOS App Signer, and the new .ipa file for will be built and saved to the desktop.
- Open Xcode → Window (on top menu bar)→ Devices and select the Apple TV
- Click the ‘+’ sign and select the. IPA file from the desktop and click Open. the app will now be deployed to your Apple TV
- Once finished, you should see the app on your Apple TV’s Home screen.
Read More: “Download latest Kodi app for All platforms“
We hope you find this guide useful and would also like to point out we have a page dedicated for Apple Help Guides, this page will be constantly updated with new content when new posts are created, so bookmark it.
Did you know we will add your Apple device to our developer account and your apps will last up to one year without the need to reinstall them?
The Everything Apple page is designed to have all things related to Apple in one place.
Can an Apple TV 4 be jailbroken and when is it getting released. How to install Kodi on your iPad, or where to buy an Apple TV 4 with Kodi installed. You could want to to try to install Kodi on your iPhone yourselves with our help guides or use one of our Apple TV 4 Kodi help guides. We even have a list of the best apps for the Apple TV 4, or you could want to download apps from our list of .ipa for your Apple iDevice.
We even offer a Kodi installation service for most new Apple iDevices if you don’t want the hassle of signing .ipa files and reinstalling them every 3 months.