Group invitations for adults on Instagram
If you have reached this article, it is because, on more than one occasion, you have received the invitation to a group full of strangers in which, one way or another, something smelled bad to you.
Normally, these groups tend to start (and practically end in this way, since it is not usual for anyone to speak in them) with a message of a user who send a link. Sometimes this message is accompanied by some emoticons or a small text (in English or English). But what yes or yes you are going to find is a url that takes you from Instagram to another place.
In addition, if you access the profile of the person who sends said message (by clicking on their avatar photograph, be careful with this) you will see a feed very suspicious that usually does not present certain characteristics:
- No photos posted to the account, or several (not too many) suggestive photos of a girl.
- Profile description empty, or filled with emoticons or texts that suggest sexual content.
- A web address equal to the message you received.
These types of groups are usually created by bots fully automated and can be used for 2 different functions:
- Offer paid adult content, which would be legal.
- Infect your smartphone or PC to hack your account or even steal your information.
Without a doubt, if you receive an invitation to this type of group, our recommendation is that under no circumstances click on the link you see in the message or in the profile of the administrator. This could be quite expensive, since surely you are familiar with the story of someone whose Instagram was hacked and they claim not to have done “anything weird” with their account.
In the end, those users whose objective is to steal your information will try to do so in different ways and we must be very careful not to “fall” into any of their traps.
This type of unwanted invitations can be easily avoided thanks to certain tools that Instagram puts at our fingertips. So whether you want stop receiving group invites “Normal” by strangersHow to avoid those annoying “sexual content” groups on Instagram, keep reading this article.
How to avoid unknown groups on Instagram
The truth is that this process is much simpler than it may seem but, yes, it has certain limits. Through this social network, we can block invitations groups by the users that we do not follow. However, if we have the typical heavy friend who is always tagging us in everything, we will not be able to deny their invitation to a group if we are friends on Instagram.
Having clarified this, how can we block group invitations? Well, it will be as simple as following these steps:
- Enter the Instagram application from your mobile phone.
- Access your profile by clicking on your photo in the lower menu.
- Click on the icon of the three lines in the upper right corner.
- Now click on “Setting”.
- Scroll to the section of “Privacy” and press to access the advanced options of your account.
- Click on the “Messages” section, this is where both direct messages and groups are managed.
- Once in these privacy options, go to the groups section where it gives us the option of group invitations. Here we must select the option of “Only from people you follow”.
Once this setting is selected, we will stop receiving those hateful invitations with dubious intentions on our Instagram account. At the moment, as we already told you before, it is limited to profiles that we do not follow with our account but, in the future, we hope that this social network will expand the options to all users.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://eloutput.com/redes-sociales/instagram/bloquear-invitacion-grupos-desconocidos/ by eloutput.com
. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article. If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!