Honor is now completely independent from Huawei. The former sub-brand was sold this month to a consortium that includes the Shenzhen city government. Ren Zhengfei, one of Huawei’s founders, has now gone public saying that he hopes Honor can overtake its former parent company.
Zhengfei hopes that Honor can be Huawei’s biggest competitor worldwide. And if possible, that it can overcome it in the future. “Being the strongest competitor of Huawei in the world, overtaking Huawei, and still using Huawei as a motivation,” he said at the Honor farewell party.
“We will be adversaries in the future,” says Ren Zhengfei of Honor
Since November 17, Huawei no longer has any ownership in Honor. And it seems, the technological giant and market leader in China, sees the former sub-brand as a good opponent for the near future.
If you don’t know, this separation comes after the sanctions imposed by the United States on Huawei. The last straw was the company’s inability to acquire components from the United States.
With this separation, Honor is no longer affected by the restrictions imposed by the Donald Trump administration. But this will certainly be your biggest challenge since the foundation, which took place in 2013. Since then, Honor has shipped more than 70 million units annually.
The contours of the deal have not been revealed. But several rumors estimate that it may have reached 3.2 billion euros. In 2021 Honor should be back, already with the precious services of Google.
EBox editors recommend: