How to use Official iPhone/iPad Kodi remote App on KODI 17 EBOX GuideDid you know that there is an official remote control for Kodi? This remote is available to download for Android devices in the Play Store and the Apple App Store for IOS devices. This remote will allow you control an EBox or another Smart Android Kodi TV box with an iPhone, iPad, Android Phone. This guide shows you how to use an iPhone / iPad to control Kodi media centre running on an EBox Device, using Official Kodi Remote App.
Categories: Apple, Android apps, Kodi XBMC SPMC EBMC, How to guides
Guide How to use the official Kodi remote on an EBox Smart Android Kodi box
- Download the Official Kodi remote on your phone for Apple Or Android
- Now open Kodi on your EBox device and click on Settings icon
- Go to Services option under it and set the Settings level to Advanced / Expert.
- Navigate to the Control option then Allow remote control via HTTP and also Allow remote control from applications on another system.
- Go back to Settings Menu on Kodi as shown in Step 1 and navigate to System info
- Navigate to System info and under Network note the IP Address and MAC Address. You will need them to set up on Application on the iPhone / iPad.
- Leave the Kodi Running on your EBox device then open the app you downloaded in step 1
Alternatively, You can also avail Kodi Install service for Apple Category and our experts will take care of the rest
Kodi remote Application set-up
- Open the Official Kodi Remote on your iPhone / iPad / Android phone, then click on Add Host.
- Enter any name under description
- Enter IP taken in step 6
- Enter PORT 8080 / 9090
- Enter the MAC Address taken in step 6
- Enter Username Kodi
- Leave password blank.
- Press on SAVE.
You may also like: OFFICIAL BEST APPS FOR ANDROID FOR SMART TV BOXES, APPS MOVIES, SPORTS, TVOnce complete the app will show a Green Mark to show its connected with Kodi 17 on your EBox Device.
Full detailed easy guide on how to use install and use the Kodi remote app.
- Step 1- First you will need to open App store on your iPhone / iPad. Now search Kodi Remote as shown in screen below –
- Step 2 – Now open Kodi on your EBox device and click the settings icon as shown in the screen below. (We have used Kodi 17 on T8-4 )
- Step 3 – Now go to Services option under it and set the Settings level to Advanced / Expert. Now navigate to Control option and Allow remote control via HTTP and also Allow remote control from applications on other systems.
- Step 4 – Now go back to Settings Menu on Kodi as shown in Step 1 and navigate to System info and under Network take the IP Address and MAC Address handy as we will need those while setup on Application at iPhone / iPad. Now Leave the Kodi Running on your EBox device.
- Step 5 – Open the Official Kodi Remote on your iPhone / iPad which we downloaded as in step 1 and click on Add Host.
- Step 6 – Now Enter the detail we have kept from Kodi 17 on EBox device as in Step 4. Enter Any name under Description, Enter IP as in Step 4 from Kodi 17. Enter PORT 8080 / 9090. Enter the MAC Address as in Step 4 from Kodi 17. Enter Username Kodi and leave the password blank. Press on SAVE.
- Step 7 – Now it will show you a Green Mark when its connected with Kodi 17 on your EBox Device.
Latest KODI Remote Control App Supported for KODI 17.4 Easy to Setup Detailed information
No Cursor Mode
- Readers Rating
- Rated 5 stars
5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating