How to Factory Reset Android 8 Oreo?
Do you have issues with your Android 8 Oreo device and want to do a Factory Reset on it?
You should be aware if you factory reset the TV box it will delete all the data on your device. And it will be left with default apps that came with the device. In this guide, we have done steps for how to factory reset of Android 7.1.
Method 1: Guide Factory Reset Android 8 Oreo from Settings.
Different Launcher may show a different Settings Screen.
- Go to Main Settings via the main screen on your device.
- Now go to Storage And Reset option. Select Factory Data Reset
- Now you can proceed with Erase Everything so once you click on it will start doing the Reset. Now the device will shut down and reboot so it may take a few minutes to reset the device completely so don’t turn off the device or remove power cable until it boots to the menu screen. Please refer to the screenshot below of EBOX Q Max.
Method 2: Guide Factory Reset Android 7.1 Nougat using the Pin/Toothpick Method.
This method is useful in case you are unable to get into Settings / Main menu of your device and have a Blue light on the device but no display.
- You need to ensure your device is powered off by a RED Light on the display of the box.
- Now use a Toothpick / Pin and Press inside Restore / AV hole and You should hear a Tick sound when a button inside it is pressed. ( Some device have Restore hole and some have Reset inside AV Hole )
- Do not press it too hard as once you hear a sound that it got Pressed so hold it Pressed.
- While holding the Reset button you need to power on the device.
- Your device will boot into the Recovery menu with the Black screen in the background.
- Now select Wipe data / Factory Reset. And it will complete the Reset and come back to Recovery Menu.
- You need to select the Reboot System now an option on the Recovery menu and wait for the device to load the Main menu.
- Now the device will shut down and reboot so it may take a few minutes to reset the device completely so don’t turn off the device or remove power cable until it boots to the menu screen. Please refer to the screen below for Recovery Menu.