Table of Contents
- 1 How to Factory Reset Android 5.1
- 1.1 Do you have issues with your Android 5.1 lollipop device and want to do a Factory Reset on it?
- 1.2 Method 1: Guide Factory Reset Android 5.1 lollipop
- 1.3 Method 2: Restore Android 5.1 lollipop:
- 1.4 Read More: “Top Android TV Box Review To Help You Buy The Best One“
- 1.5 How to Only Factory Reset –
- 1.6 Read More: “Best VPN: for Android TV box how to install VPN for Android Box“
- 1.7 Re-Flash or Update Android 5.1 Lollipop Firmware
- 1.8 Conclusion
- 1.9 Share this:
- 1.10 Like this:
How to Factory Reset Android 5.1
Do you have issues with your Android 5.1 lollipop device and want to do a Factory Reset on it?
You should be aware if you factory reset TV box it will delete all the data on your device. And it will be left with default apps which came with the device. In this guide, we have done steps for how to factory reset of Android 5.1
Categories: How to guides, Firmware, Tools, Recovery, Android Settings,
Method 1: Guide Factory Reset Android 5.1 lollipop
- Go to Main Settings via main screen or apps menu on your device.
- Click More Settings
- Now go to Backup And Reset option. And If needed here you can do a backup via Backup My data option for app data, WiFi password and other settings of the device to your Google account.
- Now you can proceed for Factory Data Reset so once you click on it it will show a warning screen so you need to click on Reset Device and on next screen click Erase Everything. Now the device will shut down and reboot so it may take a few minute to reset device completely so don’t turn off the device or remove power cable until it boots to the menu screen.
Method 2: Restore Android 5.1 lollipop:
In this method, you can restore Android 5.1 lollipop using pin method. It can be also done if you can’t get to the menu on the device.
- You can reflash your device firmware using an SD card with this method
- So to Re-flash of device firmware using this method when you can’t get display on TV.
- Please download the firmware for your EBox Android 5.1 device using a computer and check the instruction on the page for downloading the files and unpack on SD card from here Firmware Downloads.
How to Only Factory Reset –
So if you just want to do factory reset with this method, So power off device as first with RED LED on device ( Some device may need the power cable removed ) and use a pin / toothpick and press the pin into Restore / AV ( Different Device have Different option ) hold it until you hear / Feel that it got pressed and now Power on device and LED should turn to Blue ( Or connect the power cable back to device ) and continue holding the reset button via pin and so once the screen flash than remove the pin from Reset / Restore button and it will load to Recovery boot menu with Black Screen and options to choose from.
- Now use up/down key on remote and high light Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- Now on next screen select Yes – Delete all user data.
- It will complete the process and then press OK on Reboot System Now.
Re-Flash or Update Android 5.1 Lollipop Firmware
- First, connect the SD card with firmware loaded on your Android 5.1 EBox TV box SD card slot and look at the right of the device there is a small hole for reset button into it.
- Then, remove the power cable from the device and use a pin and press the pin into the hole until you hear a sound. Now connect the power cable back to device whilst still pressing the reset button. Finally, remove the pin from reset button until it shows the boot menu o the device.
- Now use up/down key on remote and high light Apply update from SD card now it will start Re-Flash/Update of device firmware and once it is complete it will load the device to the main menu.
- So during this process don’t remove power cable or turn off the device.
This is the easiest guide on How to Factory Reset Android 5.1. With the help of this simple guide, you can now restore your Android 5.1 device.