A lot of information has appeared on Reddit that allegedly portrays some of the main GTA 6 news. Posted by user JackOLantern1982, this could be the biggest information leak ever seen regarding the upcoming Rockstar game.
The news is many, so the best thing is to make a list of all that was advanced for Grand Theft Auto 6:
- GTA 6 has been under development since 2012
- The codename of the game is "Project Americas"
- Netflix Narcos series was a great inspiration for the development of GTA 6
- The action will take place in the city of Vice City and another one inspired by Rio de Janeiro.
- GTA 6 won't be as realistic as Red Dead Redemption 2
- The action of the game will take place sometime between 1970 and 1980
- The soundtrack of the game will be based on these times.
- You'll start off as a little smuggler and the idea is to go up in status until you become a drug baron
- There will be a big prison that will impact the storytelling
- The game will have a chapter system
- Weather conditions (drilling, flooding, etc.) will be an active conditioner of the game
- Buildings and cars will change as the game unfolds. It means that classic cars will rise in value throughout the game.
- It will not be possible to build an arsenal of weapons as happens in Red Dead Redemption 2
- You will have the right to a personal car that will carry your weapons and armor
- The background language will be influenced by the city you are in at that time.
- GTA 6 will only be available for PlayStation 5 and the new Xbox Project Scarlett
- Game release should take place between 2021 and 2023
If this information comes true, Rockstar Games is developing a game that will be in the history of video games. Some of the data advanced here, such as changing buildings and cars, changing the value of items or even the influence of weather conditions is incredible.
GTA 6 is already one of the most anticipated games of the coming times and today's data only further increases that hype. We'll see what assets Rockstar has in store for their fans.