Google really wants you to stop using the standard messaging app that comes with your smartphone. This has brought numerous new features to your Google Messaging app. Once you have recently implemented the desired Dark Mode, the new feature will not let you forget to reply to messages!
We often get messages that we just want to reply to later, but we eventually forget or have to create a "reminder" in a separate app. With the new update (beta), you'll be able to create reminders for each message directly in Google Messages.
How to install APK from the latest version (beta) of Google Messaging
App updates sometimes don't reach all users at the same time, and it may take a few days before you get the latest version. This new feature came in version 5.2 (beta) of Google Messaging. If you don't have the update yet, you can download the APK and install it manually.
- Click the icon above or HERE and wait a moment
- You will be directed to "Drive", click download
- Wait a few moments for APK to download
- Click notifications where it says "Downloaded successfully"
- Give Drive permission to install APKs on your smartphone
- Click on "next"
- Click on "Finish"
- You may need to close the application to see the changes.
How to use the new feature
Like all new features implemented by Google, it also comes with the goal of making life easier for users. Therefore, its use is very practical and intuitive.
- Extended click on conversation you want to create reminder
- Top right corner you will have a clock icon
- Choose the date and time you want to receive the reminder
Once you've set up the notification, you'll be able to easily see which messages have an active reminder, using the same alarm clock icon.
When the time comes, you will receive a new persistent notification on your smartphone. In the notification you will be able to see the contact's name as well as the message received. If by the time you receive the notification it is still not convenient to respond, you can press the button to delay the reminder for another hour.
EBox editors recommend:
You may also like
Did you miss this?